Windows Vista dump help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've had this laptop for a year now and I've gotten tired of the BSODs that appear every week or so. I never got a Vista disk so as far as I can tell I cannot debug a dmp file. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me with this.

Here are links to the dump file. If there is anything else that you need please just tell me.

yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=4698Mini030509_01.dmp

Thanks!

Link didn't work. Attach to your next post your minidump files (not the folder). Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; give us your five most recent. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

When do these BSODs occur?

Thanks again. Sorry the link didn't work. Here are two of the dmp files attached.

I haven't been able to discern any common circumstance between my crashes. Last time I was uploading a file using a flash applet, the time before just using aim. I think it has something to do with my wireless network card driver, but i've updated it and that didn't fix anything.

Both errors are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware and of hardware corrupted memory is most common. This error can sometimes be caused by drivers.

Both times Vista OS drivers were cited as the cause but these are too general to help. However, afd.sys was one of the drivers and this has to do with your networking environment and since you suspect your wireless networking card this is where I would begin.

Go to youe laptop's manufacturer's website and find your particular model. Update the latest drivers they have for your system. Tell us if that brings stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back