Windows Vista SP1, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, Dual Chanel Memory

By Kartoffelsalat
Jun 3, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello forum,

i get since yesterday almost every time an BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA when starting Steam. I stopped the Download of Portal last month and resumed it yesterday - could it be possible that Steam/Portal tries to save the game into some "bad" sector of the harddisc?

The System:
    Intel Core 2 Quad 94500 (4x2,66GHZ, 2x6MB LV2 Cache, runs with default settings - power daemon not disabled so i think the cpu runs between 4x2,01GHz up to 4x2,66GHz)
    2x 2048MB DDR2 800MHz (both GEIL modules)
    Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 512 g92 (512MB)
    MSI Neo 2-FR Mainboard

Partitions:
    C:\ (NTFS, Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, approx. 65GB)
    D:\ (NTFS, Share, used by Win Vista and Linux via ntfs-3g module, 400GB)
    Unmounted: (EXT3, Linux)
    Unmounted: (SWAP)

I build this computer one year ago and got the first bluescreen problem after approx. 1/2 year. i checked the ram via memtest+ but it found no errors* (same today). i reinstalled windos vista and then it worked again (the current vista) - till yesterday.

(* it found one time some errors but they were never found again - the test runned direct after rebooting from linux)

When running linux the system works fine. Some times the ntfs-3g module from linux says that the ntfs partition was not correct unmounted by vista.

when i allocate the whole RAM via linux the system does not crash.

enough guessing by me, i hope you can help me.

ps: i uploaded the error dumps.
  2. bigglesworthy

bigglesworthy Newcomer, in training

can you attached the dmp files only. i'm getting zip compression errors with these zip attachments.
  3. Kartoffelsalat

Kartoffelsalat Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hm, that is weird.

The dumps are to big for uploading here so i uploaded them on an upload service.

d'oh... i am dissalowed to post links when not having 5 postings.
  4. Kartoffelsalat

Please ignore this posting because i need 5 postings to post the links to the uploaded dumps. sorry.
  5. Kartoffelsalat

Please ignore this posting because i need 5 postings to post the links to the uploaded dumps. sorry #2.
  6. Kartoffelsalat

sorry again. one post remaining.
  7. Kartoffelsalat

8. Kartoffelsalat

The posting with the dumps has to be checked by the moderators. sorry for spamming. :(
  9. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,117   +23

Use the Manage Attachment button at the bottom of your next post as before; or if that doesn't work attach without zipping but keep it to your five most recent files.
  10. Kartoffelsalat

My dumps are to big for uploading (200KB limit):
  11. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,117   +23

If you use the Zip option it will compress the files so that you can attach them. You can Zip up to 5 files per Zip file. Take your five most recent minidump files and Zip them together.

12. Kartoffelsalat

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.