Windows wont boot aswRvrt.sys

I am sure there are many out there who still surf the net for asnswers and easy way to fix this.

So I signed up and the last post was closed so thought I would put this up for those that cant find an easy answer and get you machine back up and running

Finally sorted it all out, spoke to many and researched way too much then thought just maybe I can copy files from another pc/laptop past into system32 drives and hey presto all booted up fine, one file - I think it was the aswardisk.sys file I could not find on any of the 3 hard drives with opperating systems on, note I had a windows 7 pro oem that failed and used drivers from a windows 8.1 and 7 home and 7 pro and downloaded one of the internet
finally it came back to life without anything special, just need a hard drive dock unless you know how to navigate via cmd prompt to your driver folder and past them in
Drivers that I needed was
aswardisck.sys, aswbidsh.sys, aswblog.sys, aswbuniv.sys, aswRvrt.sys, aswVmm.sys
once I put all these it the system booted up obviously I did one at a time so took a while
One would of thought that avast would of replied to one of these threads to help so many out but there you go

Hope you all get up and running files I used are attached

Note when I did one at a time it got a bit further each time then gave the name of the next driver then the next, each time remove hard drive put on a dock go find the driver and pasted it in to the drivers folder, put back in pc and hung on the next corrupt driver
any way the ones above where the ones I needed and then it just booted into chk disk and other things not sure why but it did then finaly came back to life

Attachments

• missing drivers - Copy.zip
    493.8 KB · Views: 34
Back