Windows XP Endless BSOD

First of all, I'm new to this forum, so apologies for anything I might post incorrectly, and much gratitude for the help!

After an endless series of BSOD's, mostly 0X0000008E, but then a slew of others. I have done the following:

Replaced my main hard drive
Reinstalled Windows XP SP# and run ALL the updates
Ran BOTH Memtest and Windiag several iterations, which showed no memory errors.
Reinstalled my antivirus (Kaspersky) and ran ALL the updates, including the upgrade to 2013.

Everything was going OK after the last re-install (I've done this three times now!), and then I noticed that I had no sound. A ran the Soundblaster diagnostic on the soundcard and got a consistent "FAIL".

At that point I created a "last good" restore point because everything was working, booting, shutting down, rebooting fine.

I took the sound card out and reinstalled it to make sure everything was in place (having shut down the machine of course), and immediately started getting BSOD's (0X0000008E, 0XC0000005,0X00040001,0XA9BCB728,0X00000000)

Tried to go back to the last good restore point, having removed the sound card. No go. Went back to the restore point before that. No go.

I ran Everest and saved a report.
Ran chkdsk, even on the new drive and it was OK

So I'm going to try to upload some zipped minidumps and the Everest txt file.

I really appreciate any help you can give me here.

Thanks and again my apologies if I missed something. All the system details are in the Everest report, so I won't waste space re-posting.

Attachments

• Phils Everest Report 6-1-2013.txt
    171.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Minidump.zip
    174 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for the replies!

Two quick followup questions, if I may:
1. Tmagic650, what leads you to say that it's Kaspersky, something specific or knowledge of a general problem with it?
2. Cannot uninstall Kaspersky in Safe Mode ( as far as I can tell), and can't boot up in normal mode without a crash. Suggestions?

Thanks

Thank you. Any tips on the uninstall? Can't do it in Safe Mode. Unchecked Kaspersky in msconfig startup, but still getting BSOD there.

Back