Windows XP keeps randomly rebooting, so aggravating

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmmalito

I will be in the middle of an online system scan, or scanning with Norton Anti-Virus, or it will just be sitting and then it goes to a brief blue screen (can't read it b/c it is so brief) and then it will display "System has recovered from a serious error" the following is displayed when i click "view technical information":
BCCode: 100000d1 BCP1: 00000008 BCP2: 00000002 BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: BA5E0C00 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\Kortney\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5a1d.dir00\Mini061908-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Kortney\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER5a1d.dir00\sysdata.xml

I am running MS Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 2

*while I was posting this I was running a full system scan with Norton System Works & it did it about an hour into the scan*

Please help me.....

0xD1 errors are very common (and a real pain) and they are due to faulty drivers or buggy software. At this point we don't know what diver it is. So...

Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer.

Look for yellow exclamation signs or red Xs. Tell us where they are.

Also, have you updated Norton recently? If not, do so OR disable and see if it brings stability.

Here is the log (finally :::whew:::)

Here are the errors:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MsiInstaller
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1008
Date: 6/19/2008
Time: 12:54:15 AM
User: KORTNEYS-VAIO\Kortney
Computer: KORTNEYS-VAIO
Description:
The installation of C:\WINDOWS\Installer\56c2fb.msi is not permitted due to an error in software restriction policy processing. The object cannot be trusted.

Event Type: Error
Event ID: 1008
Time: 12:53:48 AM
Description:
The installation of C:\WINDOWS\Installer\56c2fb.msi is not permitted due to an error in software restriction policy processing. The object cannot be trusted.

and here are the errors.....

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB
Event Category: (8)
Event ID: 19011
Time: 2:44:26 PM
User: N/A
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: (SpnRegister) : Error 1355.

Time: 2:39:37 PM
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 19011 ) in Source ( MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: (SpnRegister) : Error 1355.

Time: 2:34:19 PM
Description:

Time: 2:26:03 PM
Description:
Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1517
Time: 1:52:42 PM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
Windows saved user KORTNEYS-VAIO\Kortney registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Time: 1:39:32 PM
Description:

Time: 12:49:11 PM
Description:

Time: 11:42:10 AM
Description:

Time: 11:24:23 AM
Description:

Time: 11:14:26 AM
Description:

Event Source: Userenv
Event ID: 1517
Time: 11:11:09 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
Windows saved user KORTNEYS-VAIO\Kortney registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

This is often caused by services running as a user account, try configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or NetworkService account.

Time: 11:08:26 AM
Description:

Time: 11:02:00 AM
Description:

Time: 10:38:48 AM
Description:

Time: 10:34:19 AM
Description:

Time: 10:29:59 AM
Description:

and some more ;-S

Time: 10:18:58 AM
Description:

Time: 9:45:32 AM
Description:

Time: 1:35:24 AM
Description:

Time: 1:07:15 AM
Description:

Event ID: 1015
Time: 12:56:57 AM
Description:
Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x8007043C

Event ID: 1015
Time: 12:55:50 AM
Description:
Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x8007043C

MSI installer is part of Windows. I am taking a guess here but it appears Norton does not see it as trusted.

Do the following:

Run ChkDsk in your Run Box.

Attach your minidump files in your next post. C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. It is the files we need; not the whole folder.

ok i ran the chkdsk...

the little black ms-dos box came up - ran through the 3 steps and then closed itself - was that supposed to happen? here is the mini dump file you requested & thank you for your help :)

Yes, that is the correct way Check Disk works (the DOS box).

Your 0xD1 error is driver w29n51.sys which is an Intel Wireless LAN Driver belonging to the software Intel Wireless LAN Adapter or Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection Driver for Windows XP.

Either a) your drivers need to be updated or b) your NIC card has gone bad. Try the drivers first.

i downloaded the new software from Intel 2200 BG - is there anything I can do to make sure I (meaning you) have fixed the problem? :)

could you help me with another?

i ran Norton One Button Checkup - it came up with the following:

Invalid ActiveX/COM Entries:refers to a missing file: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromedia|Flash\Flash9b.ocx

i downloaded the uninstall_flash_player.exe from Adobe's website & then reinstalled the newest version of Flash

is this even something I should be concerned with (is it affecting my system)? thanks!

The only sure and fast way you are going to know if the updated drivers did the trick is... no more system crashes! :) Seriously, that is the only sure fire way.

Now if you do get more BSODs attach them in a reply and I or someone else will take a look.

If you do have stability let us know that as well because it helps others by adding to the pool of knowledge.

As for Adobe I had the very same problem three days ago. Its a pain but isn't the reason for your crashes. You did it right: use the uninstall utility then reinstall the latest macromedia flash drive.

ok....I ran a full system scan with Norton & an online full scan with Kaspersky with absolutely ZERO failures! :-D Thank you so much for your knowledge and help!!! KM

Excellent! Glad things are working out. Many times updating drivers is all it takes to correct problems.

Just as a side note: there are better security solutions than Norton but if it is working fine and you aren't getting infections then all is well.

Well....I just renewed my year subscription at the beginning of the month :-S drat! Which one(s) do you suggest for virus, etc. protection before I renew again?

Kaspersky and NOD32 for $; both offer security suits and stand-alone antivirus. I run NOD32 version 2.7 but it does take some intitial configuration. It also is in version 3.0.

Advast and Anti-Vir for free anti-virus and both are very good.

Make sure you have a Router.

Firewall Online Armor free (paid version gives more options) and COMODO which is free. There are others.

You might want to remember in the future that when looking in the Event Logs, you can ignore the Warnings. If a Warning can't resolve, it will become an Error and that's what you troubleshoot.

Additionally, when you have a recurrence of the same error, if the ID# is the same, is the Source is the same and if the Description is the same, you only need to post one copy.

So you come up with only one Error and 2 Warnings:

Event Type: Error, Event Source: MsiInstaller, Event ID: 1008,
Description: The installation of C:\WINDOWS\Installer\56c2fb.msi is not permitted due to an error in software restriction policy processing. The object cannot be trusted.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;925336

Event Type: Warning, Event Source: 0, Event ID: 19011
Description:

This message is not an error message. This text is only a warning that SQL Server cannot register a service principal name (SPN). This indicates that the security mechanism that will be used is Microsoft Windows NT Challenge\Response (NTLM) authentication instead of Kerberos authentication. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q303411

Event Type: Warning, Event Source: Userenv, Event ID: 1517
Description:

You may safely ignore the above warning whenever you see it. It will occur if you shut down and don't log off first.

maybe my system isn't stable quite yet...... :-S damn!

I ran the event viewer & taking the above comment to heart here is the warning that occured right before system "bsod" & the occurence of this error over the past few days (as you can see it is quite frequent, even though sometimes I don't think it causes a bsod). Please help!

Date: 6/22/2008
Time: 5:03:33 PM
Description:

6/22/2008 5:03:33 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/22/2008 11:38:12 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/21/2008 12:11:10 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/20/2008 8:51:24 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/20/2008 8:44:49 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 10:30:07 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 7:58:22 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 7:31:14 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 2:44:26 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 2:39:37 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 2:34:19 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 2:26:03 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 1:39:32 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 12:49:11 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 11:42:10 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 11:24:23 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 11:14:26 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 11:08:26 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 11:02:00 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 10:38:48 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 10:34:19 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 10:29:59 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 10:18:58 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 9:45:32 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 1:35:24 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/19/2008 1:07:15 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/18/2008 10:58:42 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/18/2008 10:34:01 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/18/2008 3:43:20 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/18/2008 3:06:54 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/18/2008 1:22:39 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/18/2008 1:19:45 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/18/2008 1:15:41 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/18/2008 1:12:58 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/18/2008 8:15:37 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/17/2008 10:41:51 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/17/2008 10:39:03 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/17/2008 6:10:16 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/17/2008 8:12:39 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/16/2008 11:24:06 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/16/2008 9:38:04 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/16/2008 9:34:54 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/14/2008 4:30:58 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/13/2008 6:49:11 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 11:47:41 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 11:05:28 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 10:14:54 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 10:04:36 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 7:46:03 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 6:57:58 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 6:04:27 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 5:26:18 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 5:02:58 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 4:39:03 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 3:30:43 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 2:48:02 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 2:34:25 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 12:25:14 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 11:51:43 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 11:29:13 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 10:39:19 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 9:16:25 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 3:48:36 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/12/2008 12:03:49 AM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 11:21:18 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 11:15:59 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 10:26:07 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 10:22:59 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 9:29:16 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 9:11:46 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 9:07:52 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 8:07:47 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 8:04:04 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 7:56:25 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 7:50:48 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 7:27:35 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 7:24:02 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 7:08:45 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011
6/11/2008 7:05:51 PM MSSQL$VAIO_VEDB (8) 19011

I ran chkdsk:

70806487 KB total disk space.
35730800 KB in 104374 files.
37392 KB in 9885 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
375127 KB in use by the system.
53264 KB occupied by the log file.
34663168 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
17701621 total allocation units on disk.
8665792 allocation units available on disk.

um....this is posted on the same thread (just the 2nd page of it). You didn't tell me how to fix the warning only the proper way to post it. I am not trying to be difficult, just trying to get help in fixing it. Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back