Windows XP, SP2, 0xc2 and 0x7E errors

I just got these 2 bsds in the last 3 days:
1) 0x000000C2 (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x0206002, 0x89270FD8)
2) 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xBD13K73B, 0xB33D7BE0, 0xB33D78DC)

CPU: intel core duo E6750@2.66Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: 2GB DDR2 @ 1066, one stick transcend one kingstone
GPU: geforce 8800GT

Any clues? I have recently replaced a damaged ram but that might be irrelevant.
Thanks in advance.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

As per your minidumps you have three issues:

Issue #1 - You stil haven't updated to Service Pack 3. We strongly urge you do so for security reasons as well as the fact that XP SP2 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Issue #2 - The Zone Alarm driver vsdatant.sys was cited as the cause of your system crashes. We see this driver a lot. You can either a) uninstall and reinstall, b) update, or c) uninstall and try better solutions.

Issue #3 - The Nvidia display driver nv4_disp.dll was cited in two dumps as the cause of system crashes and so do the following steps:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

*** Issue 3 may be due to Issue 2 so take care of Issue #2 first and see if that brings stability.

Thank you very much! I was afraid zone alarm had something to do with it. Anyways I'll try what you suggested above. Thanks again.

Back