Windows XP suddenly restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

g3m1nn1

Hello everyone, I am turning to you, because I can not figure out why my newly installed and updated Windows restart all of a sudden without an error report or blue screen.
I am attaching a hijack report, Everest report and minidump files. I hope someone can figure out what could be the problem.
p.s. I followed all the steps descibed in post "Before posting your minidumps, please read this" and everything seemed normal.
Thank you for any adittional help.
regards

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    5.7 KB · Views: 6
just took a quick look at the HJT log, I don't think your problem is malware-related ( I might be wrong), I don't know how to interpret mini.dump files, no further advices,

I decreased a refresh rate of my monitor, to see if that caused a problem ( not sure ) since the computer restarts in no particular time.
dont know if that was the problem, i would like to solve any potentional problems that my cause it.

The MiniDumps you posted indicate 0x7F (UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP) and 0xF4 errors (CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION).

0x7F was caused by "ntoskrnl.exe". These errors are caused by general Hardware and Software Errors. Hardware being most common.
0xF4 was caused by "csrss.exe" These errors are caused when a essential Windows process is Ended or Killed unexpectedly.
You need to do 2 things if you haven't already.

1. Run a Virus Scan
2. Run Memtest86 to test the RAM

Instructions

Download the pre-built version of Memtest86 (Link Below) and burn it onto a CD using ISO Recorder (Link Below) after this boot off the CD and start the test going and let it run for 3-5 hours (Minimum of 7 Passes) or Overnight which is best.

Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
ISO Recorder - http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

hello, some time has passed and i did the following in this time: checked for viruses , and nothing was found, also my ram seems to be working ok, today my computer randomly restarted twice, i am attaching dump files. l am also i am attaching a error report.
i updated the ati software for other things i do not know what could be causing a problem of random restart.

thnk you for any help;)

p.s. forgot to add dump files, will add them later ( stupid me:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back