winxp restarts when loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwin1978

I've had winXP freeze at least once a day ever since I installed it. I also have Hercules Fortissimo2 soundcard which has very buggy drivers and I figured it might have something to do with my OS freezing. I removed the card and am now using the on-board AC97 sound chip so I can eliminate this soundcard problem.

About a couple of days ago, whenever I logon to winXP from a complete power off, instead of it loading to desktop, the system does a cold boot. It's like my PC lost complete power and restarted. The second time around, everything loads fine.

Originally posted by erwin1978
I've had winXP freeze at least once a day ever since I installed it. I also have Hercules Fortissimo2 soundcard which has very buggy drivers and I figured it might have something to do with my OS freezing. I removed the card and am now using the on-board AC97 sound chip so I can eliminate this soundcard problem.

About a couple of days ago, whenever I logon to winXP from a complete power off, instead of it loading to desktop, the system does a cold boot. It's like my PC lost complete power and restarted. The second time around, everything loads fine.

This is an extemely popular complaint. Try a search of the forums on Windows XP and rebooting. If you have already done this, than I can't really suggest anything that hasn't been covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back