With all the talk of 3D coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucould2

With all the talk of 3D coming I was wondering if a monitor I came into (free) a Sony Trinitron CPD-G520 ~ 21" flat screen would be worth while trying to fix? I flicked emails to "Sony's qualified repairer" who gave me a rough quote (unseen - it's too big for me to carry on public transport 30kg/66lb2oz) $450 for one part OR $45 for the other. The reason for raising the query is that council has banned 'ewaste' and to dispose it will cost $65 so that makes the $45 option good value and also gives cudos for recycling. I described the problem as horizontal rain see attached jpg(s) (Multiscan & Multiscan2). I believe the parts the techie was referring to are the $450 ?modulator? (jpg. SonyMultiScanTrinitron CRT) and the $45 ?tube? (jpg. SonyMultiScanTrinitron G520).

Resolution is; Horizontal 2048 dots Vertical 1536 lines
Input is; Analog RGB or SYNC signal
Power consumption is; 135W

There are no other Self diagnostic symptoms ie. normal functions present
So assuming this is correct (self diagnostics) please any ideas where I could purchase this part?

Market Specifications http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/cpdg520_sp.pdf

Attachments

• SonyMultiScanTrinitron G520.jpg
    SonyMultiScanTrinitron G520.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 3
  • SonyMultiScanTrinitron CRT.jpg
    SonyMultiScanTrinitron CRT.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Multiscan2.jpg
    Multiscan2.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Multiscan.jpg
    Multiscan.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 2
full stereoscopic glasses you say hmmm......

NVIDIA 3D Vision Stereoscopic Glasses - Qty: 1 $199.99. So if I fixed the CRT for $45AUS and ran the highest resolution the glasses would work saving me purchasing the Viewsonic VX2265wm 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Qty: 1 $249.99. Oh no that won't work with my NvIdia GeForce 7600GT AGP. Bugga :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back