WOF: What's your browser homepage and why?

By Julio Franco
Jul 3, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In the beginning there was Yahoo, the ubiquitous homepage of choice for millions of Web users in the late 90s. Coming from an era when Web portals were hot properties and ISPs nearly forced you to use their own, many continue to devoutly rely on Yahoo as their start page to see what's new on the Internet and the world.

Read the whole story
  2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,128

Google.com this has been mine for years
  3. Punkid

Punkid TechSpot Maniac Posts: 544

blank page :) , i have google in the search bar in firefox so i dont need that as a homepage....but i would have kept a homepage like the one in opera or safari if firefox had it
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,616   +82

My browsers on my 24 nodes network here all use my IIS 7 Web Server. The intranet site has TechSpot as one of the many links but this is no.1 site! I use Google Chrome for Browsing and Google for Search Engine.
  5. Chazz

Chazz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 630   +59

I use bing.com. I love seeing the pictures everyday.
  6. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

www.techspot.com I check here all the time. Dunno why.
  7. blackcat77

blackcat77 Newcomer, in training Posts: 18

Weather Underground, which has been my startup page for many years. A quick check of the radar is always a good thing.
  8. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,073   +75

I have 5 tabbed homepages. 1- Gmail, 2- Techspot (Best tech blog/forum I've found to date), 3- Youtube (purely for my amusement), 4- PINAC (Carlosmiller.com - a great 1st amendment blog), 5- Twitter (For news headlines mainly).
  9. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,041   +72

Well i've been umm 'bored and lazy (at the same time) enough' to create my own home page carrying links of sites I usually regularly visit. Never ever I used any of those stupid home pages like boogle or ging ;)
  10. Basher

Basher Newcomer, in training Posts: 54

https://www.google.com

Because I'm paranoid. Even though they record everything and after 9 months I become "anonymous" when they remove the last IP octet.
  11. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,816   +651

Football365 during the football (soccer) season, Kissing Suzy Kolber during NFL season, BBC News if the collapse of Western civilization looks imminent (Mondays and Fridays).

12. cheers12

cheers12 Newcomer, in training

igoogle, with reader, twitter, facebook, gmail, stocks and google calendar
  13. www.speedymarks.com a site similar to Fast Dial, but online :) with lots of sites of my interest in it.
  14. I use Bing sinds a fwe weeks. I did have Google for years, but I did not like it al in a sudden.
  15. ET3D

ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 971   +30

Blank page (simply because browsers show the home page on every open window instead of just on start), but I always have iGoogle and Gmail open.
  16. Firefox with 27 Speed Dials. XD
  17. Swanen

Swanen Newcomer, in training

www.superstart.se

It has many small necessary applications, e.g. news headline(some text aswell), weather, calendar.
  18. Funkmesideways

Funkmesideways Newcomer, in training

Funny you ask techspot...

I have Chrome open with 4 tabs:
    Yahoo mail (automatically logged in)
    BBC homepage
    Google.co.uk
    and (no joke) www.techspot.com :)
  19. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,051   +84 Staff Member

I just use whatever the browser default is (I'm on Pale Moon at the moment).
  20. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,930   +123 Staff Member

I have the previously open tabs load in Opera...
    For all my browsers www.google.com is the homepage tho... (And has been for as long as I can remember)
  21. Firefox with the Fast Dial add-on as homepage.
  22. MikeFE

MikeFE Newcomer, in training

About:Blank
    Because I never know beforehand what sites I want to check (though Techspot.com, tomshardware.com, vi.nl, gog.com, theregister.co.uk and some others are ones I check almost everyday)
  23. http://www.theplaceforitall.com/googlex2/

not being in north america google redirects me to the local site which i hate

so this one is/was my favorite for years

simple straight
  24. blank page
  25. Wikipedia is my start page. I love reading the feature article evey day.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.