TechSpot

Wont burn to disc?

By J_Bone
Feb 1, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't burn some files to a disc. It's a brand new CD-R disc. I burn some files just 2 weeks ago? I don't know why it says"insert CD-R disc in drive" and I have one in?

Help please!

Windows XP with an HP 9500 series.

I attached a picture of the error.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Quite often it helps if you just open and close the CD-ROM tray.
    Have you tried another brand of CD-R and/or another burning program?
  3. J_Bone

J_Bone TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

I've tried three different types of disc.
    Ya, the open close thing didn't work at all.
  4. Jaguarist

Jaguarist TS Rookie Posts: 30

Have you tried any other program, other than the one in your screenshot , to burn with?? Something like CDMate, or Copy To CD-DVD are a couple of good ones. The trial period will at least let you know if it's a software problem, or a hardware problem.
  5. Jaguarist

6. J_Bone

Thanks, I didn't want to install another program but I guess I have no choice if I want to troubleshoot it.

I will give it a try.
  7. Jaguarist

You can easily un-install it after you find out what's causing you problems.
  8. ---agissi---

---agissi--- TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,383   +15

You have MotoX wallpaper? From what little I can see of your wallpaper that just might be a CR :p
  9. J_Bone

Why yes it is! hehe..
    It is a picture from the First corner at the Phoenix SX with Kevin Windham in the lead!! I ride a Yamaha, but my next one might be a CRF450?
  10. grandmaster

grandmaster TS Rookie

hi i had the sme erro on mine and just out of luck i used a cd eye cleaner on my burner and it worked

u might of put a disc in that had a bit a crap onit and it left it on the eye hence it saying no cd found try cleaning it with a good cleaner u never know it could be simply that easy :giddy:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.