Would you buy a Motorola Xoom?

Emil

Staff

Motorola has filed for a trademark of the name "Xoom" around the world, leading many to believe that it's the name for the first Android 3.0 tablet. The Droid maker has hit up various trademark organizations in order to grab the rights to the name in the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Taiwan, according to PocketNow.

The category applied for is defined as "mobile computers and related accessories, namely, docks, cradles, mounts, holders, stands, carrying cases, covers, protective or decorative covers, batteries, power adaptors, cables, connectors, headsets and speakers; hand held computers, lap top computers, tablet computers, electronic notepads, computers, mobile data communications apparatus," which could mean anything, but given the rumors and leaks, it's likely for Motorola's answer to the Apple iPad and the Samsung Galaxy Tab. The fact that the trademark has been applied for in such a wide variety of countries also suggests that Xoom will play a major role in the company's future plans. We'll have to wait till next month to see whether Xoom is what we think it is.

What do you think of the name Xoom? We never liked the name of Apple's tablet, but that didn't stop it from dominating the market. Is the name more important in Motorola's case?

Permalink to story.

No more Motorola products for me. So i wont be buying anything made by them.

Yes I will be buying whatever tablet from Motorola. I have honestly never had an issue with my Motorola products that I have purchased over the years and the specs so far look right.

Honestly only an ***** would decide yes based on the brand. I can safely say I haven't had problems with Motorola so I'll check it out. But I wont say YES just because of it being Motorola.

Well this ***** works for Motorola and has already played with the tablet needless to say it will be all that you want it to be.

Guest said:
Well this ***** works for Motorola and has already played with the tablet needless to say it will be all that you want it to be.

Because someone working for Moto(we know you don't) would say "DONT BUY IT IT'S BAD! If you work for Moto(again we know you really don't) then you would know a workers opinion is....BIASED!

It's better than Zune, certainly.

I certainly won't say I'll buy something I know virtually nothing about. When it comes to tablets, I hope that 7" tablets with a Pixel Qi display arrive this year. That's be attractive for me. The other candidate is the Nook, once it's updated to have the standard app store (which was rumoured to happen next month).

i had a motorola phone before...i think the best tablet would be Dell.

Only if they release a wifi only tablet. My phone bill is already 200/month I don't want any more charges thank you.

The Dell Streak is the biggest piece of garbage on the market. It's a phone/tablet. I've seen the home keys peel off, battery door snap off and the chipset freezes up. Probably the most poorly engineered device presently available on the wireless market. Dell doesn't manufacture anything. they merely stamp their name on others people hardware. In this case, the lowest quality garbage that Chinese Yuan can buy.

Check out all the video pics and accessories they have out for this device already and tech specs at www.motorola.com/xoom. I dont have any motorola products besides bluetooth headset. I truely believe at the new lineup they came out with at the ces show this year they is heading in the right direction escpically if they products holds up to what it appears to be. Android(google) is going to make alot of devolpers, cell phones companies, and other businesses some big time money this year. Mobility is the way to go now and what the future holds...

I think I know where people are coming from on the Motorola Product concerns as I used to have a motorola phone and it was the worst piece of junk ever, but i put that down to the software on the phone. Im sure the hardware being made by motorola will be fine, and the fact that google is the one writing the os then not much could really go wrong

I will buy a XOOM the day it is released. My iPad will hit eBay that very afternoon.

I would go for it if it was not so expensive. Motorola is a bit of a control freak, like Apple. Motorola claim the battery life is equivalent to 10 hours of video playback. That sounds interesting. Also I could use it as a wifi hotspot unless Motorola locks it down, like they did with Milestone. SD cards slots and cameras and USB ports make much more useful than iPad. I just hope it will be as unrestricted and useful as my Galaxy Tab. The problem with the Tab is its small screen and inferior to iPad touch experience. iPad is the worst, though. It's locked down, restricted, tethered to Steve Jobs and his paranoia and greed.

No xoom because its to early for these tablets. They are way over priced as well. I will wait to see all the bugs worked out of all these tablets no matter what brand. There will be tons of updates and product upgrades added soon enough. And like I said they are way way over priced. I will wait till the market gets saturated with all these tablets and the price comes down.

Back