TechSpot

would you by a prebulit system from pricewatch?

By OS samurai
Apr 4, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a question for you guys,

Would you by a prebuilt no OS system from pricewatch I was Thinking about a Athlon 3200 my current system is a Hypersonic PC you can see my profile for the spec’s it is just short of 2 yrs old

Would it be better, or should I say more cost effective to just upgrade my processor, video card and ram from 256 to 512 using my current box I would keep my case along with my speakers and monitor and mouse etc ... I was thinking of going with a RADEON 9700 Pro 128MB and another 256MB of PC 2100 DDR ram. I am not a hardcore gamer but I like to play FPS's on my computers games like FC UT04 and Doom III when it comes out.

I would love to spend no more then $600:D when I bought my current system I paid $1,465 and I would love to pay no more then $1000 for a new system, if buying a new system would be a better option.

My problem is I can’t build my own system very easily because I am disabled I am in a wheelchair and I do not have the dexterity to build my own boxes. I either have to buy prebulit or pay someone to assemble a system for me.

Thanks for any advice you guys can offer
    :cool:
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

The largest CPU your current mobo supports ia a Thoroughbred 2600 if the mobo is the right version.
    See the Asus CPU-support here: http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

Another 256MB RAM would not hurt in your current setup.

Check with TS-members if anyone is in your area (Colorado), maybe some good soul would be willing to give you a hand in replacing what is needed?
  3. OS samurai

OS samurai TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 193

Hey thanks allot realblackstuff, I figured I would need to change the mombo also I may see if I can find a kind hearted soul when I get a job & some $$ togeather:cool: I am still a poor college student.

Thanks again

OS samurai
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.