WoW installing problems -- urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaex_51

Hey guys,

I am currently installing WoW and its going extremely slow...I have a DVD RW/ROM drive, and it doesnt make much noise during installation. The installation also always hangs on certain files, making it take ages. The WoW CD is a CD-ROM, maybe that could be causing this..?

Is there any setting I could change on my DVD-RW/ROM drive that could let me install CD-ROMs without having to wait ages and risk possible errors etc...or any programs that help with these kind of things?

Please, any replies would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks, Alaex.

World of Warcraft installs extremely slow no matter what system you have in my experience. It's a pain to install. You can expect to wait 1-2 hours just to install it and get updates with a broadband connection.

Yeah, I noticed that after I put in the CD-rom drive. It went just as slow, but perhaps a little faster...although, discs 1 and 2 went fine, with the normal 'whirring' noise of a disc spinning, but then disc 3, 4, and 5 went very slowly, and I could hear the disc speeding up every couple of seconds but then stop spinning at all, and then the disc drive would be silent or make a series of clicking noises. I still got through it all right, just wondered why the change of noise occurred.

Thanks, Alaex.

Ok, so I bought WoW yesterday and the strangest thing happened. Installation was fine till I inserted CD4. After 15 seconds my computer freezed, blocked, stopped working, whatever. Had to restart it (using the button) Tried again. The same thing. Block. I couldn't even open the CD. So I took my WoW to where I bought it and they COULD open and view the contents. CD is out for testing and I wonder why would this happen?
P.S. All the other CDs functioned properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back