X16 slot P7P55D Motherboard

By 12johnni
May 1, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello.

This is my first post on TECHSPOT and it seems like there is a good community here.

I have a P7P55D LE from Asus, with an Intel Core i3 530 @ 3.35 GHz or a Bclk of 152. The board has 2xPCI-E with one at 4x. My Graphics card (Nvidia) will only work on the 4x slot. Probably because the board is an ATI CrossFire not an NVIDIA SLI.

I have decided from looking at task manager's graphs that my Nvidia N9600GT MD512 is slowing the system down because even at 60+ FPS no O.C my CPU uses no more than 50-60%. I have to make the computer use the CPU more.

The conclusions that I have to make are either
    a) the graphic card is crap
    b) an overclock is crap
    c) or the PCI-E 4x that I am using is crap

I myself prefer C. So I have to move the card. Why won't it work in the primary slot that is closer to the CPU? Is there a jumper or something? Is it something to do with the card being biased to ATI Crossfire?

If anyone can solve this it will be a huge help.

Thankyou.

12johnni.
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,700   +586

RMA the board.
    The Video card should be auto-detected once it's inserted in the PCIe x16 slot.
    Unfortunately for Asus this seems to be a significant cause of returns for their boards ( a quick example here -note the first two reviews)
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    I presume you have disabled (or the boards BIOS has disabled) the IGP for the CPU.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.