X1900 Danger Den Tyee Blocks on ATI 2900?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeps1987

I just built my first PC, and its specs are as follows

Core 2 Duo Q6600 G0 from 2.4 Ghz, to 3.96Ghz
Asus Blitz Formula Special Edition Intel P35 (Socket 775)
OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC Edition 2GB (2 X 1GB)
ATI Radeon Connect 3D X1900XTX (Danger Den Tyee Blocks)
X2 Samsung Spinpoint T501 500 GB 16MB Buffer
OCZ GameXStream 1010W
NEC DVD/CD Combo Burner
Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Triple Radiator 3 120mm Fans, 1 120mm and 2 90mm Exhaust Fans
Samsung 22" 226BW
Windows XP Pro SP2

My X1900 XTX is watercooled, and id like to buy the X1900 Crossfire card, but its discontinued and i reckon im better off with the newer 2900 anyways.

So im thinking of selling my X1900 XTX but was wondering if i could use my Danger Den Tyee Blocks on my new 2900 (maybe 2, for crossfire)? or should i just sell the blocks and buy new 2900 blocks?

thanks

Well if you can play high end games at max setting without shutter or slowness with your current card, why waste money on upgrade? :D

I got a x1900xt too for 2 years now, pretty much able to play every high end games at max setting.

I'm curious to know what performance boost does that x2900 compare to our x1900xt 512 mb DDR3?

Every card is different, so I wanna post the spec on my card if you don't mind:)

Brand POWERCOLOR
Model 1900XT512OEM
Interface
Interface PCI Express x16
Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer ATI
GPU Radeon X1900XT
Core clock 625MHz
PixelPipelines 16(48 pixel shader processors)
Memory
Memory Clock 1450MHz
Memory Size 512MB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR3
3D API
DirectX DirectX 9
OpenGL OpenGL 2.0
Ports
DVI 2
TV-Out HDTV / S-Video / Composite Out
VIVO Yes

This card cost me almost $400 >.< when it first released.. i snatched it xD

My X1900 XTX overclocked on ATI overdrive on my 22" monitor, max settings and max AA etc, doesn't do to well, on FEAR @ 1680 X 1050, gave me an average FPS of 20, which isn't good enough, hence the reason to upgrade, since i built my PC for gaming, and it doesn't game, its pointless lol

My graphics card is the only 'weakness' in my system, and its the most important factor for games, so that's why I'm going to go with X2 2900 Pro's in Crossfire, watercooled, and overclocked :D

so could i use my existing Danger Den Tyee blocks, on X2 2900's?

I doubt you could do that. The 2900 blocks look very different than the 1900 blocks. You seem determined to purchase the new cards and blocks, so go ahead and do that and see if the old block will fit the new card.

Cheaper than the new stuff.

that seller only ships to the US, iv checked it out.
plus for an extra £100, i could get the X2900 which is much faster

i definatly want to upgrade from my X1900 XTX

ill buy one X2900 first, to see if its good enough

Hi Gurdeep. Considering an upgrade I see. :)
Well, for starters, how about this card? A great buy methinks and since you are going to be watercooling it, just up the speeds to that of an HD 2900XT and you have that exact same performance on your hands.
As for your initial question, no, you can't use the same waterblock. You'd need this or this, with the DangerDen one being, of course, better. Cheers mate, and good luck. :)

thanks Moiz, i was looking at that exact X2900, iv heard it easily overclocked to X2900 XT speed, but for a much cheaper price.
Another question about this particular 1024MB model, if i do decide to go crossfire, that'll mean 2GB of graphics memory, plus my 2GB RAM, which is a total of 4GB, can 32bit Windows XP Handle that?
What about these water blocks and this one? is the second one needed?

lol and thanks for going through the trouble of locating my favorite seller :D here's a tip, if your in the UK, and need any components, use Overclockers UK, your product may cost an extra £1 or two, but believe me, it'll be worth it, if anything goes wrong, the customer service is amazing.

Thanks as always Moiz

Nah, you'd need XP x64 or Vista x64 for that much VRAM & RAM. I recommend the latter though, since XP x64 has too many issues to be worth it. Also, I think you wouldn't need that extra part. To top it off, here is a cheaper place to buy the waterblock. I think you'll have a very nice system if all goes to plan. :)

thanks Moiz, your always a great help
do you think id need 2 X2900 Pro's overclocked, or would one be enough to play all games maxed out, on a 22"?

One would be enough, if you'd be playing at a res of 1920x1200 max. Above that, two of them should show a marked improvement.

so one X2900 Pro overclocked, with the rest of my system on a 22" @ 1680 X 1050 would be enough to play all DX9 games on max? and if i do go to vista, be able to handle all DX10 games, maxed out?

I see your using Vista X64, had any problems of any sort with it, regarding drivers, incompatibility's etc?

Nah, Vista x64 is pretty stable thus far. And with AMD's excellent drivers on Vista, I think you'd have no problems running DX9 or DX10 games maxed out. Lastly, yes, you'd be able to play them maxed out with one card easily.

in that case i think I'm gonna go for that X2900 Pro, and that Waterblock and stick with XP, ad it should be able to handle a total of 3GB VRAM and RAM right? if it plays all my games, ill stick with it, if it doesn't, ill buy another X2900 Pro, and waterblock, and upgrade to Vista X64.

Just wish my replacement RAM would arrive, my pc has been out of action for over a week now, my RAM messed up :( kept getting BSOD, any idea? why i didnt overclock my RAM, just my processor and mobo, but the modules did get hot.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back