X1900 Xtx

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXXEL

Great Video Card, I'm very pleased with its performance but i would like to know,
-how much can i OC with stock fans?
-What would you recommend for better cooling?
-what tools are very good for overclocking THIS video card?

Thanks for the advise, This is my computer specs! (feel free to post ways to overclock other components)

CPU: Intel Pentium D950 3.40 (would like to OC with a better fan)
MoBo: ASUS P5WD2 E-Premium
RAM:Corsair Dual Channel TWINX PRO 2 x 1GB (800MHz PC6400)
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1900 XTX
Case: Aspire X-Navigator
PSU: 630W

Zalman

i was told that i should install a Zalman VGA Cooler but will this fan be better than the stock fan that the video card came with please help i don't want to cook my new video card!

I'm not sure about that card but some cards come with very good stock fans and also you won't cook your card because it has a thermal throttling temperature... i.e. it slows down the clock speeds automatically if it gets too hot.

AXXEL said:
i was told that i should install a Zalman VGA Cooler but will this fan be better than the stock fan that the video card came with please help i don't want to cook my new video card!
If you're going to replace the stock fan on that card, do it with an Arctic Cooling double stack cooler(one that pushes air out the rear of your pc). Much better than pushing the warm air back into circulation in the case.

EDIT

Arctic Cooling not Arctic Silver lol

Be aware you could void your card warranty so be sure you need or want it enough.

So....

What I’m saying is should I buy the Zalman VGA Cooler?
Dose any one already have one, if so do you recommend it to lower the temp and also lower the noise level?:knock:

(It looks cool but i had bad experience with cool looking things that later turn out to be a pain in the @$$):hotouch: :evil:

I am going to advise agianst Overclocking video cards. I have had teo go up on me, each with a slight overclock. The PCB board actually scorched and the cards both went dead. I ran stress tests, etc. and neither showed any problems.

The performance gained IMO is not worth the risk, espcially to a nice new card like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back