x6 "svchost.exe" processes in my task manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

zatox

A grand hello to the TS community.

Curious with the amount of "svchost.exe" processes in my task manager, I googled the said process and found your forum with a post named:
System Running Slowly(5-10 instances of svchost.exe running)

The post and the HJT log seam to match my query and this prompt me to joint in and finally put HJT to use.

Please find attached my HJT log and I thank you in advance for all your help and support.

Hi zatox and welcome to TechSpot.:)

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of zatox only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hello Rik,

Thank you for your reply, and please find attached the latest AVG and HJT logs after following Preliminary Removal Instructions.
I have also attached the SmitFraudFix report. It contains a message that I fail to understand:
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

You appear to have no antivirus or firewall software running! This is a massive security risk. I strongly suggest you download and install one of each said program from within this link - https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Once you have done this, force the virus scanner to update and then run a full virus scan.

Once all that is done post the virus scan report and a fresh HJT log into this thread and i will help you deal with whatever nasties you have left.

This thread is for the use of zatox only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi Rik,

I use NetGuard with real-time antivirus, it also has a firewall and both are on (with daily scheduled scans). I've checked MS Security Center, everything is on and up to date, and the Netguard event log is constantly been updated.
I also ran CWShredder, Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool and Windows Defender is also active and scanning on daily basis.
I followed the Preliminary Removal Instructions and did all the above last night/this morning before posting the logs.
Am I over reacting or do the logs that I posted earlier tell a different story?

Regards

Sorry, NTL Netguard doesn't appear to be on the "trusted" list.

Your log looks clean apart from 2 entries that should be fixed by putting a tick in the box next to each item in hijackthis then clicking the fix button.
There entries are -

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

Once that's done you system will be clean.:)

If you should have any further spyware problems just post them in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back