TechSpot

Xbox 360 and PS3 disc changer shown at E3, next-gen version planned

By Dave LeClair
Jun 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. While most of the attention at this year's E3 was focused on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, there were plenty of other companies hanging around the show floor showing off their goods. One such company is Exeo Entertainment, which displayed...

Read more

2. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 893   +172

I like the idea. It's something to keep last gen consoles appealing - sorta.

3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 983   +89

A little late, yes, but XB1 and PS4 owners wont have 10 discs to switch until some time next year. The owners of older console systems are in the right situation to need/want something like this (if the price is right).

4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 908   +54

I wouldn't think the USB connection would be fast enough to transmit the information off the disc.

5. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Given specs on Wikipedia... the PS3 Blu-ray disc read speed maximum is 2x (72 Mb/s [9 MB/s]), where USB 2.0 is well over that at a theoretical 480 Mb/s.

You give too much credit to optical disc read speed. This is the main reason why Nintendo stuck with Cartridges (other than they made more money)... but the optical read speed has not been able to keep pace with the increase in data fidelity.

6. highlander84

highlander84 TS Member Posts: 99   +21

Sounds like a great device. Especially considering no one will buy the X-bone because the insane DRM on it. I will stick with my 360.

7. Good idea but yeah just a little late...doh! and surely they could of catered for a lot more disks people who would be interested in this would want more like 100 disk capacity

8. There is a much more sophisticated model out which hold more disks

9. ^^^^ and will also not void warranty or need to use usb or ethernet

10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,345   +806

I wouldn't go so far as to say no one will buy it. It could prove to be quite popular among the console users.

11. highlander84

highlander84 TS Member Posts: 99   +21

I don't think so. Not with the stipulations hanging over it now. It will do worse than the Wii U but with no redeeming qualities. Unless they trash some of the insane ideas that's giving a huge push for the PS4...

12. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,294   +547

I wish this would have come out sooner, I could have made great use of this a year or two ago, but im waiting now for the modern consoles.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.