Xerox WorkCentre 5020 scanner problem - transmission error during a scan job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have some problems with my new Xerox WorkCentre 5020 or/and my OS – Windows XP SP2 (USB ports especially).
The system is: Intel Core2 Duo E4500 no 2.2 GHz, 1GB of RAM, MS Windows XP Professional SP2 .
I installed the new Xerox WorkCentre 5020, using drivers supplied by manufacturer. According to instructions I unplugged first USB cable to the unit, start the driver setup application, then plug-in USB cable when the setup prompted to do it. The drivers (both scanner and printer) were installed without any problems.
After installation the WorkCentre works perfect as printer and copier. I can’t use it, however, as scanner.
When I start TWAN driver (I did it using Photoshop and did it using PaperPort – application, supplied together with the 5020) and start “Preview” or “Scan”, the scanner starts (the lamp moves forward, then stops lighting and comes back). In this moment (the scanner is expected to transfer the data to the computer) some alert from the driver appear on the screen of the computer: “No connection with the scanner. Be sure that the scanner is connected!” (or something similar – it is in Bulgarian). In the same time an error message appear on the screen of the scanner (n4 error code – according to the User Guide – “A data transmission error occurred during a print job or a scan job. Press the <Stop> button to cancel the job.”)
I uninstalled and then installed the driver several times. Then I installed again SP2 to be sure, that the problem isn’t caused by Windows. The problem still persists.

All suppositions and suggestions are welcome!
Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back