XFX 4890 freeze/hang in game and windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

chase24

Hi everyone,

Recently I purchased xfx 4890 to replace my nvidia 9800gt and also replaced my psu with corsair 650w. After installing the the new components my computer is freezing randomly while using the browser then eventually while gaming. While playing modern warfare 2, it will just freeze even when in the menu but there's still audio looping. When I use the net browser it also hangs. This doesn't happen always.
I monitor my gpu temp and it's really hot. 55-60c idle 85-90c while playing. I live in a tropical country so it's really hot here even if it's not summer. I've talked with xfx tech and they said that as long as my gpu don't exceed the 90c it won't hurt the lifespan of it. What could've cause these freezes? Will it hurt the other components if I keep on force rebooting the computer?

My pc is hp m9350f : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...9329&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Hd: 750gb
Memory: 7gb
Cpu: Phenom x4
gpu: Xfx 4890
psu: corsair 650w

Thing's ive done:

* Downloaded the latest driver for my card and bios.
*Cleared the driver of my old card.
* I run the hp diagnostic for hd, ram and it passed the test.
* Scan the hd with malwarebytes.
*i've changed my casing to bigger one to improve airflow but didn't change the gpu temp.

Could this be a hardware problem? Help would gladly be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

hi red,
it's not overclocked. core clock is 850 mhz and memory is 975 mhz. Cpu is also not overclocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back