XFX GeForce 8500GT 256MB Freeze problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here goes.
I use Vista Home premium SP1 (Don't blame me)
AMD Athlon X2 4800+
XFX GeForce 8500GT 256MB
Asus M3A Motherboard
D-Link DWL-G510 Wireless icard.
SB Audigy (Sound card)
Corsair Value 1024mbddrx2

Post if you need more info about the system itself.
EVERY SINGLE DEVICE on the computer is updated with it's ne west vista driver.

Issue: Everytime I watch movies in WMP11, or play games like WoW and CSS / HL the computer freezes after 1-3 seconds in WoW and CSS (Online) and uses about 10-20 seconds in HL (Offline) To freeze. When it freezes it kills the computer. Leaving the computer to not function at all. No CTRL ALT DEL or nothing. I HAVE to go hard reboot (reset button). The sound repeats for approx 4 seconds and bam. Stop.

I know this issue is graphic card related, since when I disable the graphic card, watching videos is fine. And it does not freeze. And when I enable it it freezes.

The computer is all new, not dusty and every cable is sitting where it should.

The computer has a 600W power supply and nothing is overclocked.

Any solutions? And don't tell me to buy a new card even though my current does sucks. It works fine for the games I play, and I don't plan to play crysis etc.

CPU-Z results removeXX
httXXp://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=90238441ww7.jpg
httXXp://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=88828959eo5.jpg
httXXp://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=38580228gf6.jpg
httXXp://img329.imageshack.us/my.php?image=75669571rr8.jpg
Thanks in advance
Joachim

Value Ram can sometimes run so slowly as to cause this very problem you describe. ASUS also does not recommend that memory.
The other likely cause is an inadequate power supply.
An upgraded power supply with top quality memory should work wonders.

The 600 Watt power supply would do it, but maybe its faulty. I had the same problem and when ever I took the graphics card out everything was fine. So I had also thought it was causing the trouble. It wasn't that I needed more Watts, the one I had was just faulty.

But it did work fine for some days, before it started to freeze up. So I don't think that's the problem. Anyway, do you recommend me borrowing some hq ram to try it out?

Whiffen, you mean it's not working as intended?

Leiros said:
I know this issue is graphic card related, since when I disable the graphic card, watching videos is fine. And it does not freeze. And when I enable it it freezes.
Can you say what you mean by this statement? If you disable the graphics card, you shouldn't get any output from the card at all. I think you must mean something else like the graphics driver.

mailpup said:
Can you say what you mean by this statement? If you disable the graphics card, you shouldn't get any output from the card at all. I think you must mean something else like the graphics driver.

Ok, if I have it ENABLED. I can't even watch movies in windows media player 11 without the computer freezing up. But as I DISABLE the graphics card. i.e cut's all out/inputs to it. (The resolution on the screen changes do default 800x600 etc) I can watch the same movie that froze earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back