TechSpot

XP Problem, after install

By sonofisis
Aug 28, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Every time i leave my computer on over night and wake up in the morning, as I try to open a program, the sand time object pops up, and no programs will open unless i restart.. I even look in my task manager, and any given program that wasn't already running, that i try to open, will say it's only taking 60kb's of memory, and won't build beyond that to even try and open..

Does something happen when i leave my computer on and unattended for a long time, that causes programs not to open?... I always have to restart, then it's fine, what's going on?

By the Way, I've scanned for adware with spybot and adaware, and use Kaspersky anti-virus, they detect nothing.. Could it be my registry?.. I turned off windows messager because they've been bugging me about registry problems on my system since the very first day I installed (a week ago).. So I have registry mechanic, and CleanmyPC registry cleaner, and I use registry mechanic all of the time.. So i'm confused as to what this problem can be.... :(
  2. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

I have not found a reg cleaner to this day that will fix all windows problems or problems created from bad software
    (other than M$)
    I have used system mechanic from iolo to help me solve reg problems.
    I set up like this make backup of registery with SM
    add a app or program wait about aday and if it is working OK make another back up with remarks as to what was added
    SM keeps a list and you can pick the reg you saved and reload it.
    PS I just started using xp pro been using W2K spk3 for last 2 years may go back to W2K
  3. sonofisis

sonofisis Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 17

that's messed up, because i keep reinstalling windows, and no more than 15 minutes after I do, it says i have registry problems.. i'll do it and see tho..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.