TechSpot

Yahoo! Call Setup Assistant - choose microphone

By Pazuzu
Oct 14, 2005
  1. I have been using the Logitech "quick cam zoom" with a built in microphone to make calls via the Bt Communicator facility. I want to make a call using a headphone / microphone. I tried to select the other options under "choose microphone" Sigma Tel Audio & Modem #0 Line Record. Selecting the Sigma shows no mic. response.Selecting Modem #0 gets message:- " your computer's microphone is being used by another program. Please close that prog. & then try again"
    Just to clarify - my headphones & microphone are plugged in on the front of the PC but I see on the back panel there is another (pink) jack socket with the mic. symbol & an adjacent (green)socket with a symbol I do not recognise - a bit like
    --(-(- )) that. I wonder if I should try usin these sockets instead?

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

The front is normally only for headphones/speakers. The mic needs to go into a separate socket normally.
    So try those in the back.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.