TechSpot

Yahoo Maps teams up with Nokia Here to provide indoor venue maps

1. Looking to improve its product and compete with Google Maps, Yahoo Maps has partnered with Nokia Here to provide indoor floor plans. This means that users will now be able to easily locate places like restaurants, stores, cafes, ATMs, restrooms...

Read more

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

Looks like it could come in handy but I ditched my Win 8 phone for an Android so Google maps will have to do me from here on in.

3. I feel for you bro!!! Windows Phone is the superior, although admittedly still growing, experience and Nokia's mapping service only added to it. It just keeps getting better and better. So I guess everyone learns the hard way, so maybe you will think twice about doing something like this again. Guessing you are on a 2 year contract, so you pretty much screwed unless you flog that crap you got to replace it with on ebay or something and get the Lumia 1020, or 1520 if you like bigger phones. Both I can highly recommend!

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

Ok maybe my post was misleading. I still have my Win 8 phone and I'd never ever, ever sign any wireless carrier contract, I don't enjoy being robbed so for me it's prepaid or nothing. I can switch between Android and Windows whenever I like but I much prefer Android (Galaxy S4 Mini) so that's where I'm staying. One of these days I'll get rid of the Windows phone (Lumia 625). As you can see I prefer phones, not bulky semi tablets.

5. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

It was a guest posting and judging from the tone I was wondering if it was one of those Advert Style postings. In other words a paid for endorsement.