TechSpot

Yahoo to shutter seven services starting April 1

By Shawn Knight
Mar 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer caused quite a stir recently when she made the decision to end the company’s work from home policy. The changes continue to come as Mayer is shutting down seven products according to a recent post on...

Read more

2. Matt B

Matt B TS Rookie

Haven't used a Yahoo product in over 10 years now. Are they even needed these days?

hammer2085 likes this.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,657   +323

^ I have an email account with them for spam :) Actually their email isn't too bad anymore, I'm so used to how gmail handles things that it feels 'off' when I use it, but its interface is more like what I remember from using a dedicated client back in the day.

4. You may not use a Yahoo! service but many others do. Besides, their email actually is quite good nowadays. Also Yahoo! Is extremely popular in Asia much more so than Google by a lot. Hell, Yahoo! Auctions is extremely active over there. So it won't be going way anytime soon.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.