Yellow exclamation mark beside dvd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

acefsj

So here it is microsoft xp service pack 3 intel pentium 4 3.00 ghz
512 mb ram
Dvd rom drive in device manager has a exclamation mark beside it and does not work, Device status says windows succesfully loaded drivers but cannot find the hard wear (code 41)
I changed the cable and drive i also pluged in a usb external drive and the same thing happens same error code and exclamation
Please help thanks in advance for your time

Not a driver issue. The optical drive has worn out from use in most cases. $24 replacement drive is the fastest and the least expensive solution.

The alert is caused by detection of alignment or unrepairable configuration error.

ray, he said he plugged in another drive and that it didn't work either.
Also, from MS:
Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

ace, there might be some issues with your OS. Have you tried giving it a repair with the OS disk?
Does it give you the same issue in Safe Mode?

This is pretty tricky to find out what's the culprit, but for starters try testing your DVD Drive in another PC as well. Did a virus scan show anything up?

I found out it was a registry problem i just went into reg edit and deleted a few things and it started working thier is lots on it in google it's easy to find

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back