Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt

Hello,
As stated in the title I get the " Verifying DMI Pool Data...
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

This only happens when I have both cables going from board to harddrive to DVDroom. The wide flat one (IDE i think it is called) doesn't change anything no matter if i change order or the cable itself. The other one, sata for power, is the f*ckup. No matter what order its in he cannot be in the DVDroom at all because then i get the message and I cant figure out where and how to change that cable for a new since it goes into the giant box under (forgotten its name).

Now I have searched long and hard for solutions. Ive changed the order of boot countless times in any variation I could think of. (Note: I do not have the disk my comp asks for, also a problem..)

I remember looong ago I had the same problem on my other stationary computer, but that got fixed by wiggling the cables a bit.
This time Im about to stress myself hairless over this.
All I want to do is to have a DVD-room, its basic yet impossible.

>>>Pls share your solutions, the other sites been about other stuff like raid and sathio or something- makes me confused...

Here's some info....
System Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2,40GHz 2,40GHz .
64bit windows 7.
4,00Gb ram
Motherboard: GA-x38-DQ6.

ADVANCED BIOS FEAT:
First: Hard Drive
Second: CD Room
Third: Disabled

It is spelled DVD ROM, DVD RAM or CD/DVD drive. Are both the DVD and the hard drive IDE (Big 40 wire flat cable)? If you can't boot with the DVD drive connected, check to see that both the IDE Hard drive and the IDE DVD drive's jumpers are set in the CS (cable select) position. You can set the IDE hard drive to (M)Master and the IDE DVD drive to (S)Slave. They can not be the same, except when setting to both drives to CS. The giant box is the power supply. You can buy Molex 4-pin to SATA power connectors...

Back