TechSpot

YouTube to rebrand streaming music effort as 'Music Key'

By Shawn Knight
Aug 19, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Remember Music Pass, the yet-to-launch streaming music service from YouTube? After months of delays that ultimately resulted in the division's product manager parting ways with the company, the service may finally be coming together under a completely new name according to...

Read more

2. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,970   +586

It all has been available already, with the use of the right plug-ins, to get rid of the ads and to just download the music tracks.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,331   +804

I'm certainly never going to entertain the thought paying 10 bucks a month for a music service, I highly doubt I'd use it even if it was free forever. It's just not for me.

H3llion likes this.
  4. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 974   +99

Id use it if it was free, I mean, it's "free" afterall. However pay per month? Come on, if I were to add all the little $5 payments for Music, Movies, TV, Broadband id be shelling out few hundred dollars a month. Then again, I guess it all depends on your priorities and non of them are life essentials but still!

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,331   +804

Yup. All these $1 p/m subs add up to something substantial eventually.

6. robb213

robb213 TS Member Posts: 54   +12

Since I havn't really been following the matter too much: is it really going to affect small labels and independents much? Nearly all the EDM I listen to on promotional channels are such. As far as I read in other articles it just affects what Google deems a large enough label.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.