TechSpot

Zotac GeForce 210 doesn't work

By abhi007
Apr 8, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

i purchased Zotac NVIDIA GeForce 210 ZT-20301-10L 512MB DDR2, and it is not working on my system. i see distorted image on screen, text is unreadable. it is not a driver issue since i cant even see the bios screen correctly. it is detected correctly on windows 7. the fan is spinning and i also disabled my onboard graphics. it is a HP PC model SG3510IL, motherboard is ECS Iris 8, AMD Athlon 64, 2 GB RAM. I have 19'' LCD connected using VGA cable.

here is the homepage for my PC (h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3801536)

i searched and found this page, it shows many corrupted screen - (playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html) my problem was similar to the 'Bus artifacts' he described.

any suggestion why it is not working, or should i get a refund. <_<

thanks

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,066   +169

Try the monitor on another computer before you return the video card

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,690   +337

Yep, sounds like a bad card, but definitely do what Tmagic650 says and try a different monitor - OR try a different computer with that monitor.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.