Even though viruses have now grown very numerous, one thing hasn't changed: our commitment to provide you with all-round protection. The reliability of AntiVir is demonstrated in numerous comparison test and references featured in independent trade journals.
The AntiVir Personal Edition offers the effective protection against computer viruses for the individual and private use on a single PC-workstation. In order to make possible an easy operation, the AntiVir Personal Edition is developed to the essential points.
Avira AntiVir Personal gives you the following functions:
- Control Center for monitoring, administering and controlling the entire program
- Central configuration with user-friendly standard and advanced options and context-sensitive help
- Scanner (On-Demand Scan) with profile-controlled and configurable search for all known types of virus and malware
- Integration into the Windows Vista User Account Control allows you to carry out tasks requiring administrator rights
- Guard (On-Access Scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts
- Integrated quarantine management to isolate and process suspicious files
- Rootkit protection for detecting hidden malware installed in your computer system (rootkits) (Only for 32-bit systems)
- Direct access to detailed information on the detected viruses and malware via the Internet
- Simple and quick updates to the program, virus definitions, and search engine through Single File Update and incremental VDF updates via a webserver on the Internet
- Integrated Scheduler to plan one-off or recurring tasks, such as updates or test runs
- Very high rates of virus and malware detection using innovative search technologies (search engines) and heuristic search processes
- Detection of all common archive types, including detection of nested archives and smart extensions
- High-performance multithreading function (simultaneous high-speed scanning of multiple files)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32 or 64 Bit) or
- Microsoft Windows XP Home or Professional, SP2 recommended, or
- Microsoft Windows 2000, SP 4 recommended
- At least 192 MB RAM with Windows 2000/XP
- At least 512 MB RAM with Windows Vista
- 30 MB free memory space on the hard disk (more if using the quarantine function)
- 100 MB temporary memory space on the hard disk
Apps similar to Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Free 5
Trusted antivirus solution. It protects email, instant messages, and other files.
BitDefender Free Edition is your chance to use one of the world's most effective antivirus engines for free.
A free anti-virus and anti-spyware utility based on Dr.Web Anti-virus scanner.