- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- …and many other features. For free. At all.
As usual, if you would like to support our project, please check us out on Patreon or OpenCollective.
- Added the ability to pause while recording to allow seamless on-the-fly removal of video segments. This can only be used when not sharing an encoder with the stream. [Jim]
- Added an option to automatically adjust bitrate when congestion occurs to advanced settings, which is an alternative to dropping frames (available in advanced settings). Note that this currently only works with RTMP, and severe congestion may cause increased delay to viewers. [Jim/pkv]
- Added the ability to select multiple sources on the preview by box selection [Dillon]
- Added the ability to create custom browser docks in the View -> Docks menu. This allows you to open extra dockable webpages whenever OBS opens [Jim]
- Browser sources can now have their volume adjusted via the audio mixer, or have filters applied to them. Additionally, you can now change whether the browser source outputs to speakers or to stream only via the audio monitoring settings in advanced audio properties. [Osiris/pkv/Jim]
- Added a script to pause recording when a specific scene is active [cg2121]
- Added a "Hotkey Focus Behavior" option to advanced settings, which allows you to set whether hotkeys are disabled depending on whether you have the main window in focus or not [jb-alvarado/Jim]
- Added an option to general settings to allow users to confirm when clicking the "Stop Recording" button [glikely]
- Added channels widget for restream.io service integration [SoftwareArchitector]
- Added the "Area" shader as a downscale shader in video settings [jpark37]
- Added an "Enable Preview" button to the main window when the preview is disabled [cg2121]
- Added (or rather fixed) hardware acceleration support for decoding media files when using the media source where applicable [Jim]
- Updated all dependencies on Windows (such as FFmpeg, x264, CEF) to their latest versions. Due to x264 being updated, there are various performance improvements for those using x264 for video encoding [Jim]
- Made a number of optimizations and performance improvements [jpark37]
- Made a number of performance improvements to QSV [brittneysclark]
- Changed default recording format to mkv instead of flv [WizardCM]
- Recording now automatically stop if there is less than 50 megabytes left of disk space available [cg2121]
- Fixed a number of issues with Linux window capture [kkartaltepe]
- Fixed the tray icon showing up on startup even when it was turned off [Jim]
- Fixed a bug where encoders could lock up when an encode call fails [Jim]
- Fixed an issue where projectors would have a gray background rather than a black background [Jim]
- Fixed a bug where secondary Twitch/Mixer browser panels would stop appearing [Jim]
- Fixed a freeze that could happen under rare circumstances when shutting down [Jim]
- If no tracks are selected when recording in advanced output mode, it will now default to the same track being used for streaming [cg2121]
Apps similar to OBS Studio 7
All of the products in the Vegas software family make it easy to import and edit movies, images, and music so you can jump right in and start creating your next video or audio masterpiece.
- Free to Try
Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks.
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 sets new standards for digital filmmaking, offering a format-independent plug-and edit solution that provides the tightest integration with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.