OBS Studio provides real-time capture, encoding, and broadcasting for YouTube, Twitch, Instagram, and many other providers. High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing. Create scenes made up of multiple sources including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, capture cards, and more.
Is OBS Studio free for commercial use?
OBS Studio is open source software and free for anyone to use it. OBS can be used commercially without restrictions, it won't add watermarks and has no limitations.
Is OBS good for recording videos?
OBS Studio stands for Open Broadcaster Software, which means its main purpose is livestreaming your gaming sessions on YouTube, Twitch, Instagram, among others. However, you can record audio and video from multiple sources.
Can you edit videos in OBS Studio?
What are OBS Studio basic system requirements?
OBS Studio runs on Windows, macOS and Linux systems with at least 4GB of RAM.
- DirectX 10.1 compatible GPU (GeForce GTX 900 Series, Radeon RX 400 Series, Intel HD Graphics 500)
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or Windows 11
- Intel i5 2500K, AMD Ryzen 1300X
- Hardware encoders are recommended
- Intel or Apple Silicon CPU
- OpenGL 3.3-compatible GPU
- macOS "High Sierra" (10.13) or later
- OpenGL 3.3-compatible GPU
- X window system or Wayland
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing, with unlimited scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions.
- Live streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Periscope, GoodGame, DailyMotion, Hitbox, VK and any other RTMP server
- Filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction, chroma/color keying, and more.
- x264, H.264 and AAC for your live streams and video recordings
- Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV) and NVIDIA NVENC support
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support.
- GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming
- Unlimited number of scenes and sources
- Number of different and customizable transitions for when you switch between scenes
- Hotkeys for almost any action such as start or stop your stream or recording, push-to-talk, fast mute of any audio source, show or hide any video source, switch between scenes,and much more
- Live preview of any changes on your scenes and sources using Studio Mode before pushing them to your stream where your viewers will see those changes
- DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc)
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- Streamlined Settings panel for quickly configuring your broadcasts and recordings. Switch between different profiles with ease.
- Light and dark themes available to fit your environment.
- ...and many other features. For free. At all.
29.0.2 Hotfix Changes
- Fixed a bug introduced in 29.0.1 which caused sources with an upward compressor filter to stop audio playback under certain circumstances [notr1ch/pkv]
29.0.1 Hotfix Changes
- Fixed the "Nvidia Audio Effects SDK is outdated" message appearing on the noise reduction filter properties when the SDK wasn't installed [notr1ch]
- Fixed a crash that could happen if you use NVIDIA's audio effect filters and then later uninstall the SDK [pkv]
- Fixed the expander and upward compressor audio filters sounding distorted [pkv/norihiro]
- Added "Knee Width" option to the upward compressor audio filter to improve quality [pkv/norihiro]
- Fixed a bug where overriding the theme on Linux could cause the program not to start up [kkartaltepe]
- Fixed software rendering not working properly on Linux [columbarius]
- Fixed a bug where the Stats window/panel would show an incorrect disk space calculation when pausing recordings [notr1ch]
- Fixed a bug on Windows where the "Force SDR" setting in window capture wasn't showing up [jpark37]
- Fixed a bug on macOS where the virtual camera would show up red [PatTheMav]
- Fixed a bug where Linux captures would not work correctly on X11 [kkartaltepe]
- Fixed a crash on Linux when using Wayland and trying to use the automatic scene switcher [GeorgesStavracas]
- Fixed a bug where alpha wouldn't output properly when setting OBS to use BGRA color format [jpark37]
- Fixed a crash on startup when OBS was minimized [derrod]
- Fixed a bug where projectors could look washed out when projecting SDR content while using an HDR display [jpark37]
- Fixed a bug on Windows where secondary displays could sometimes not show up in the display capture properties [jpark37]
- Fixed a crash when using the virtual camera as an OBS source and changing the canvas resolution [notr1ch]
- Fixed a bug on macOS where the properties window would go behind the main window after opening a file selection dialog [gxalpha]
- Fixed a bug where profile encoder settings would not properly update when switching between services that require a different encoder [tytan652]
- Fixed a bug in custom ffmpeg output mode where RTMP would force certain encoders [flaeri]
OBS Studio is featured in...
Software similar to OBS Studio 8
Top streaming platform for Twitch, YouTube, & Facebook. Grow with cloud-based Streamlabs Open Broadcast Software (OBS), alerts, overlays, bot, tipping, & merch.
A simple, powerful, and free open-source video editor with a focus on usability, flexibility, and style.
All of the products in the Vegas software family make it easy to import and edit movies, images, and music so you can jump right in and start creating your next video or audio masterpiece.
- Free to Try
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 sets new standards for digital filmmaking, offering a format-independent plug-and edit solution that provides the tightest integration with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop.
More similar downloads