Do NOT upgrade firmware on any D-Link product over a wireless connection.
Failure of the device may result. Use only hard-wired network connections.
1. Fixed a bug that caused RFScan reports beacons to not be received on the current locked channel.
1. Updated 802.11a regulatory information as well as power output for the following countries:
TW - modified the channels to 52,56,60,64,149,153,157,161,165
SG - modified the channels to 36,40,44,48, 52,56,60,64,149, 153, 157, 161, 165
EC - modified the channels to 36,40,44,48, 52,56,60,64, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165
CR - modified the channels to 36,40,44,48, 52,56,60,64, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165
RO - modified the channels to 36, 40, 44, 48
MY - modified the channels to 36, 40, 44, 48
PK - modified the channels to 36, 40, 44, 48.
1. Using TKIP/RC4 encryption with WPA results in roughly 30% lower throughput than using WPA2 AES encryption due to a hardware limitation.
2. Turbo/superG mode does not increase traffic rate significantly for DWL-8500AP.
3. The hardware encryption for WEP is used only when a single BSSID is active on the radio. A second VAP precludes the use of hardware encryption causing low throughput.
4. Channel 14 is not supported for 802.11g band for Japan country code.
5. The APs support manual antenna selection on a per radio basis. Automatic antenna selection is not supported.
6. If the PoE cable is suddenly removed from an AP, the associated clients fail over to other APs after 6 ping losses. The roaming functionality works properly if the AP is rebooted or the radio is turned down.
7. If a captive portal instance is associated with a disabled VAP, re-enabling the VAP does not automatically enable the captive portal instance.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System.
We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
You can check back regularly for the latest updates at TechSpot's Drivers section or stop by our homepage for the best daily coverage of PC technology news on the Web.