Mozilla has switched Firefox to a rapid release development cycle which means New versions will come more frequently. The non-profit organization has promised to push out a New stable build every six weeks.
The latest Mozilla Firefox Nightly is now available for testing on Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. This beta includes performance enhancements that improve the browsing experience for users and enable Developers to create faster Web apps and websites.
- On macOS, WebGL power preferences allow non-performance-critical applications and applets to request the low-power GPU instead of the high-power GPU in multi-GPU systems
- Improved Windows 10 integration: your Firefox theme now matches your OS Dark / Light mode
- WebExtensions now run in their own process on Linux
- Faster tab switching in the majority of cases for our macOS users
- Improved the reactivity of Firefox on macOS
- In the Library, the Open in Sidebar feature for individual bookmarks was removed
- Never check for updates option removed from about:preferences. If a substitute is needed, we recommend using the DisableAppUpdate enterprise policy
- Firefox now warns about having multiple windows/tabs open when quitting from the main menu.
- The Ctrl+Tab shortcut now displays thumbnail previews of your tabs and cycles through tabs in recently used order. This new default behavior is activated only in new profiles and can be changed in your preferences
- The build infrastructure of Firefox on Windows moved to the Clang tool chain, bringing important performance gains
- Changes affecting developers
Apps similar to Mozilla Firefox Beta 4
Opera introduces the looks and the performance of a total new and exceptional web browser.
Google Chrome's development is high-paced and here is the browser's latest beta.
Download Opera today to get the fastest and most powerful web browser available and make the most of your time online.