December 15, 2011Other Devices
Mac OS X
For more information about the application please visit www.apple.com/logicexpress.
About the Logic Express 9.1.6 Update
- On OS X 10.7 Lion, Revert to Saved is now possible after a project has been renamed.
Performance and Stability
- Logic now uses multiple available cores as expected when performing offline bounces.
- Resolves an issue in which Logic sometimes quit unexpectedly when deleting multiple Marquee selected tracks with the Drag Mode set to Shuffle L.
- Fixes an issue in which clicking in an automation lane with the Marquee tool could cause Logic to quit unexpectedly.
- Channel strip level meters no longer sometimes momentarily stop responding when the playhead is moved to a new position during playback.
- Loading a Kontakt 4/5 factory preset in 64-bit mode no longer causes Logic to quit unexpectedly.
- Logic now reliably initializes MIDI ports when Logic is launched by double-clicking a project file, choosing “Open with” from the project file contextual menu, or when using the Load Most Recent Project startup action.
- Channel strips with pre-fader sends now mute consistently.
- Audio playback while using Prelisten in the Audio Bin now properly updates when changing the selection of files or regions.
- Fixes an issue in which record repeat would delete the wrong take.
Plug-ins and Instruments
- Dropping multiple samples on the EXS editor keyboard and choosing the Contiguous Zones option now correctly results in a chromatic mapping of the samples.
- Using the + key to step through EXS instruments no longer causes Logic to sometimes quit unexpectedly.
- The Key Release Time for a Group can now be set to values greater than 1,000 as expected in the EXS editor.
- Fixes an issue in which EXS24 did not play one-shots in mono or legato mode.
- Resolves an issue in EXS24 in which instruments containing zones triggered by key release via a group were susceptible to stuck notes.
- In EVB3, the extended parameter area no longer shows controls already available in the main plug-in window.
- Ultrabeat now properly maintains the set pitch of a previously loaded sample after browsing for a new sample and then canceling.
- Resolves an issue in which auditioning samples in Ultrabeat with Voice Auto Select and "Preview in Voice" active could lead to a sample endlessly looping.
- Changes made to a project using a control surface now reliably activate the control surface Save button.
- The Undo LED on Logic Control now correctly lights to show the availability of undo steps.
- Setting parameter assignments on Control Surfaces to fixed values other than 1 now works correctly in 64-bit mode.
- Clicking on an unused take after deleting a comp section no longer selects the entire take folder.
- Resolves an issue in which using Auto Set Locators by Marquee Selection with very small Marquee selection lengths could result in the playhead getting stuck.
- Playback now reliably starts from the beginning of the project after using the "Return to Zero" button in the Transport window, no matter what Play setting is active.
- With Catch Clock Position active and Cycle enabled, Logic now centers the cycle area if it fits within the current view.
- Fixes an issue in which the visible area in the Arrange window would sometimes jump a few pixels to the left after scrolling to the right on OS X 10.7 Lion.
- Resolves an issue in which using the Fade tool on a region could cause audio regions to be deleted in projects that contain unused audio regions.
- "Bounce - Replace All Tracks" now places regions on the correct tracks in songs that contain MIDI take folders.
- Volume automation now works reliably on all frozen tracks.
- Resolves an issue in which the Hyper editor did not reliably update to show new selections at high vertical zoom levels.
- MIDI editors now reliably update to show the contents of MIDI regions selected by rubber-band selection.
- In the Event editor, the up, down, left, and right arrow keys now correctly navigate between fields while in text edit mode.
- Logic no longer sometimes asks to save changes when closing a song that has not been changed.
- The key commands to select projects now work as expected.
- After using Save As to make a new version of an existing project to a new location, the recording path for the project is now appropriately updated to the location where the new project was saved.
- Resolves an issue in which moving an audio region where the anchor had been set caused the anchor to reset to the beginning of the region if the project contained take folders.
- Fixes an issue in which moving or copying a take folder with the drag mode set to No Overlap could alter the take folder.