More speculation on AMD and ATI partnership

By Justin Mann on July 21, 2006, 8:45 PM
We've all heard the tidbits and vague rumors regarding a potential partnership between AMD and ATI. A strange rumor it has been, especially considering the relationship between Intel and ATI over the past few years. Aside from just the exciting potentials those rumors bring, they also appear to be having an effect on both companies' financial situations. With the leaps and bounces AMD has been making in order to grab different segments of the market and the huge emphasis on computers as entertainment devices, it makes perfect sense for AMD to try and capture ATI. Intel may have lost some ground, but they are big, capable of lots of innovation and relentless. Some sites are stating that as early as next Monday we could hear more about the ATI/AMD deal. Fascinating stuff.

Rage_3k_Moiz said:
Kick-ass news! I guess AMD has finally changed dance partners from NVIDIA to ATi. Wouldn't be surprised if Intel snaps up NVIDIA. For better or for worse, it will ensure some great hardware releases for us all.
pikaj00 said:
goodie... looks like now ill be forced to jump ship to intel just so i dont have to deal with the crap ati puts out..
spike said:
I quite like ATI - it's Catalyst that I can't stand!
atk spade said:
[b]Originally posted by spike:[/b][quote]I quite like ATI - it's Catalyst that I can't stand![/quote]Agreed.I use omega drivers.
swker98 said:
yea omega drivers are much better then the ones from ati
nic said:
I like the Catalyst drivers...lots of features and very easy to use...can't see why all the fuss over a driver.I hope nVidia still continue to make good mainboard chipsets for AMD, as I don't think Intel will want them taking market share from them.
spike said:
I guess I just don't like it for ease of use when to working with both a TV and a monitor compared to Nvidia's drivers, nor the load time it seems to have sometimes for the config program, whereas Nvidia's config is the advanced dialog from the display settings tab - right where they belong. lol Plus, I found Catalyst to be buggy.That said, maybe it's just a preference thing for the most part, and I simply prefer the Nvidia layout?