EA confirms Command & Conquer 4 for 2010

By on July 9, 2009, 3:04 PM
Confirming an earlier leak on Twitter, Electronic Arts has officially announced that its popular Tiberium series will be brought to an “epic conclusion” with Command & Conquer 4. The upcoming title will put an end to the 15-year saga of GDI and Kane’s struggle over Tiberium, introducing new elements like the all-in-one mobile base, class-based gameplay and what sounds like an RPG-style player progression system.


Following the events of the previous installment, Tiberium Wars, Command & Conquer will feature the usual pair of campaigns, which can be played solo or cooperatively, and a number of multiplayer modes including a new 5-on-5 objective-based mode that emphasizes teamwork. Few other details are available at this time, only that the game is expected to ship as a PC exclusive sometime in 2010.




User Comments: 7

Got something to say? Post a comment
Relic Relic, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Nice :-), big CnC fan since the original came out in 95. While not happy with EA early on they seemed to have turned things around with the franchise and I'm hoping this will be one epic game for the ages and a fitting conclusion to one of the best RPG franchises imo. /crossesfingers

Guest said:

Well said. I've been a huge fan of the Tiberium series since the original in '95, and to a lesser extent the Red Alerts (particularily the first!) so this is fantastical news, let's hope it's a classic!

Guest said:

yes I am too a big fan boy of the entire C&C line up I have owned all of the collection since it came out in staring late 1995 I will be crossing my fingers they don't shelf this idea or screw it up big time like the generals series

and no mater what I must see this "epic conclusion"

yukka, TechSpot Paladin, said:

This sounds interesting.

However, I doubt its the last one we will see

Guest said:

Oh god.. Don't get me wrong.. i'm a big fan. But i'm still waiting for my C&C 3 patch 1.10 to bring it up to seamless update to KW. I didn't buy KW, and i don't think i will be buying this. I was really looking forward to Tiberuim, but i think EA have hacked this franchise to death.

czplayer czplayer said:

do the people from westwood even work on the project anymore?

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I doubt it, red alert 2 was the last thing they did properly I think? then again, thats from my point of view, that was there last good game in the series, generals was a mess and all since then just don't have that feel to them that the classics had,

Load all comments...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.