Fujitsu building the "fastest rig on the planet"

By on July 24, 2009, 6:01 PM
Looking to rival Alienware and the like, Fujitsu has announced it is producing a new gaming desktop PC which they claim will be the “fastest rig on the planet.” The bold claim came along no hardware specifications whatsoever, other than mentions of it using the “best of the best” components and something they refer to as “German ultra clocking” – whatever that might be.

The Japanese computer manufacturer is certainly hoping to build up hype for their upcoming gaming desktop line. Although we are not sure what to expect, perhaps we should give Fujitsu the benefit of the doubt; at the very least it will mean more competition in the high-end gaming segment. To keep us interested (or should I say confused) the company has also released a vague teaser video which just features some blurry visuals and a bunch of amusingly corny statements like “You can defeat all your enemies.” Interested? Check it out after the jump.

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

something they refer to as "German ultra clocking" - whatever that might be.-

I think German ultra clocking is where they overclock your processor to be faster than David Hasselhoff hitting the floor after a 12 pack.

Staff
Rick Rick, TechSpot Staff, said:

and something they refer to as "German ultra clocking" - whatever that might be.
"Made in Germany... Ya know Germans always make good stuff"

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

"Made in Germany... Ya know Germans always make good stuff"

LOL, I miss ole' Vince at 3 am

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

I Think the Germans Invented Meth Too.......

something they refer to as "German ultra clocking" - whatever that might be.-

What I don't get is where anyone came up with the notion that Hasselhoff is even remotely qualified to judge a talent show, before, during, or after a twelve pack of whatever.

But back to the topic;

I'll bet those Huns have that CPU goose stepping to a different martial anthem!

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

But back to the topic;

I'll bet those Huns have that CPU goose stepping to a different martial anthem!

geeez...stepping! how did i miss that one!?

Relic Relic, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

red1776 said:

Lol, man having lived in Germany for many years, its still beyond me why they like Hasselhoff. Even had friends who could imitate him...creepy.

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

Uber Clocking Mit Der Germans.....Achtung...

Forget steppings A0, B0, and such, the technical triumph you've all been waiting for is here at last...,"goose stepping"...!

I hate to state the obvious, but possibly because his name is "Hasselhoff"? Hells bells, that's almost as German as Dusseldorf!

skitzo_zac skitzo_zac, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Did anyone else read it as ""most expensive rig on the planet". And I mean I wanna see what the case looks like thats all really. I like nice looking rigs and cases, but IMO no real computer enthusiast or gamer buys Alienware or any other pre built "gaming rig" do they? What kind of self respecting gamer or enthusiast doesn't build their own rigs?

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

"What would you use as a sales pitch for the world's fastest rig? My personal favorite would be, "this baby snorts liquid nitrogen, and farts transistors.....

....show us your game....and well show you our rig.

Skitzo, are you kidding? i have known gamers that didn't know that the left panel of their computer was removable.....condemn them to an Xbox i say. LOL

tengeta tengeta said:

The really hardcore gamers may build their rigs, but the WoW playing basement dwellers are using the discount display model eMachine that their mom found at Best Buy and then phone tech support to get a timecard activated because **** using a web browser when you can call someone while you're playing a different game. Thats a real scenario from someone I hung out with, hence its detail. Note the "hung out WITH", as his friends and girlfriend took a backseat to his Paladin.

JudaZ said:

If its like any other Fujitusu Siemens gaming machines i wouldnt trust them at all .

Their previous "High end machines" have had alot of problems with bluescreens, overheating, cardreaders causing booting problems and so on... but ok .. now its no longer Fujitsu siemens...just fujitsu .. so have to see how it turnes out

HaMsTeYr HaMsTeYr said:

Ahaha its not that hard to believe... back in the day, i used to read only gaming magazines, which promote Alienware and the like till no end...

Not long ago as well building your own rig wasn't as common as it is now, so Alienwares were viewed as the cream of the crop really >_>

In this day however, pre-built systems, the ones targeted mostly to enthusiasts like gamers don't profit much i would imagine... only in the bulk order computers for the office people would they profit o.o"

windmill007 said:

I bet Maximum PC beats them

Theres no way they can make a com as fast as alienware. Alienware roccks!

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

"Uber-Clocking".......Chapter 2........!

Witness the arrival of the "Uber-Computer", "building a bridge to the future".

OK, I think I should apologize to both Nietzsche and Bill Clinton for that the pinch of phrase.

Ja Sir, I wünschen Sie ein, mit der German uber-abstoppen! Und mit der sieben kanal ton! Ich wünsche zu zur deutschen Nationalhymne hören!

if they can top maingear's latest i would be surprised

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

Yeah well. my "uber-computer" is better than your "uber-computer"!

Emin3nce said:

tengeta said:

Paladinlol...

I think you do have an accurate summary for a percentage World of Warcraft players.

Emin3nce said:

Actually, i take that back... There's a difference between hardcore gamers (the ones that do build their own machines, and take them to lans etc... to spend hours and hours fragging eachother senseless) and the MMORPG community.

So to be fair, your comment relates to MMORPG gamers, and again, not all of them

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

So what you're saying then. is that one group of rabid,addicted, gamers is a social caste above another group of rabid, addicted, gamers? Or perhaps you meant, "morally superior"?

Ring back in if I've missed anything.

JudaZ said:

Acer computer recently tried to build a massive gaming machine. The design was very much inspired from AlienWare... Predator i think it was called. Never bought it...lucky me..because not long after it went on sale they had to recall it .. it could catch on fire *lol*

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

well a true hardcore gamer/enthusiast would think that was bitchen!

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

Fasten Your Safety Belts....

Fire..., Shmire...., as long as it doesn't explode...!

Just program a mouse button to operate a fire extinguisher, and wear one of them thar' flame retardant suits like the guys in NASCAR. Oh, and don't forget to buckle up!

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

Fire..., Shmire...., as long as it doesn't explode...!

Seeeee judaz!

im not the only one...who's gamier than Cap!?

snowchick7669 snowchick7669 said:

Uh oh, another WoW battle.

Wait till the enthused WoW 'guests' come in

Haha

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

trying to stir the pot............

oh sure snowchick! stoke the flames of discord.....i rather think you might be the Conrad Dobler of Techspot! :p

snowchick7669 snowchick7669 said:

Haha what can I say, I've seen first hand how angry some can get (had to coach my roommate out of high blood pressure at one stage). I do find it entertaining however :p

Captain828 Captain828 said:

Before, there was a rule (Godwin's law) that stated when a public forum discussion goes wild it will eventually end up talking about the nazis.

Is WoW the new "nazis"??

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

Move a rubber tree plant.....

Is WoW the new "nazis"??

I have no idea Captain, i tried WoW once because it came as a demo when i purchased another piece of software....and i have to tell ya...i absolutely have no idea what the big deal is, or why some folks are so into it.. it looked like an ant colony on acid to me.

JudaZ said:

*loL* yeah ok .. you could consider flames the "hottests" computer modding ever ... but only for a few minutes .

....but if you combine it with watercooling ...hmmmm.

captaincranky captaincranky, TechSpot Addict, said:

It's a Long, Long, Road to Moskow....Just ask General Guderian....

But a very, very, short road for us...!

Is WoW the new "nazis"??

Good sir, Where have you been? I believe I already brought up the Nazis. I think it was under "goose stepping" and "uber clocking". We don't screw around here at Techspot. We get right into it!

....but if you combine it with watercooling ...hmmmm.

You can do both...!

First, paint flames on the side of the case. (OK, nothing new here). Second, always drink a six pack of beer before a long night of gaming. Then, if real flames erupt, you'll be ready to p*** on that POS to put it out. As the Boy Scouts do like to blather on so much about, "be prepared"!

T77 T77 said: