Opera 10 moves into third beta

By Justin Mann on August 13, 2009, 4:25 PM
Generally, any attention on browsers these days is aimed at the big names, Firefox and Internet Explorer, with a sprinkling of affection for Safari every now and then. We can't forget the little guys in that, however, and the long-lived Opera remains in this category. Today Opera has pushed out a new beta of their upcoming version 10 browser, after a successful round of tests and user feedback that enabled them to move forward with the next stage of development.

Beta 3 introduces a handful of new features, with a lot of attention on the user interface and mechanical functionality of the browser. They're also citing stability improvements, something anyone can appreciate. One feature intentionally left out is Opera Unite, a relatively quiet technology that is intended to provide for “inter-browser” communication, an extension of social networking.

If you're an Opera fan or like to try out new browsers, check Opera 10 Beta 3 out yourself at their site.

skitzo_zac skitzo_zac, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I am on Opera fan. I am using Beta 3 now! Pretty much the same as Beta 2 unless you go hunting for or already use the features that have been updated.

SNGX1275 SNGX1275, TS Forces Special, said:

I like that it updates itself now rather than requiring the user to install over the old version.

jtickner1 jtickner1, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

SNGX1275 said:

I like that also but for some reason mine wouldn't connect. So I had to download the exe anyway.

SNGX1275 SNGX1275, TS Forces Special, said:

lol, worked fine for me. Guess you got unlucky.

I don't like that it updates itself automatically now.

I prefer requiring the user to install over the old version.

Also i prefer the "duplicate" function on tabs in the old opera version. Is very useful.

But the duplicate tab feature is present. I even tried it out.