Official Call of Duty: Black Ops trailer released

By on November 1, 2010, 7:43 PM
The latest Call of Duty entry is now less than a week away with a slated release date of November 9 -- next Tuesday. Set to debut on PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, as well as the Nintendo Wii and DS, Call of Duty: Black Ops takes place during the Cold war as players control US operatives who undertake covert missions in Cuba, Vietnam and more. Meanwhile, the multiplayer mode will carry similar features seen in recent Call of Duty titles, emphasizing customization and socialization.

Treyarch and Activision have posted an official launch trailer showcasing Black Ops' various landscapes and scenarios, while the Stones' "Gimme Shelter" and a glimpse of JFK complete the setting. Along with that brief clip, Rock, Paper, Shotgun points us to three lengthier gameplay videos (feel free to share other footage in the comments). It's also worth noting that we plan to publish an in-depth CPU/GPU performance review once the game hit shelves, so be sure to look for that!

klepto12 klepto12, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Can you say amazing i loved MW2 except for the no private server thing and all the cheaters on the pc. Ive been playing BC2 alot abut still feel COD is a far better game without the cheaters. If Black opps can rectify what IW did to cod MW2 then i think it will be an amazing game that millions will play around the world on all systems.

AnonymousSurfer AnonymousSurfer said:

Anyway, I am not so sure about everybody else's opinions, but IMO, the world is not as hyped up about Black Ops as they were MW2. I think it's cause MW2 was sweet in the beginning, and now has been ruined by all of the Nube tubers and other perks, and so they have a "Safe guard" out for Black Ops so they aren't let down. But that's just my opinion...

KG363 KG363 said:

I just hope it's more like cod4/5 and less like cod6. cod 6 was just too fake. There's a fine line that must be achieved

Blkfx1 Blkfx1 said:

I'm very excited for this game! I Loved Modern Warfare 1 and 2 .

princeton princeton said:

klepto12 said:

If you think MW2 is a better game then good for you. In terms of a quality standpoint it's one of the worst games released in the past few years. 95% of the budget went to advertising and 5% went to game design.

mtrenal said:

Yeah, i just dont know how much faith I have left in the COD franchise. I loved Call of Duty, I loved Call of Duty 2. Especially after MW2, it just doesn't seem to me like people are hyped about this anymore. Hopefully Black Ops is legitimately amazing and reignites the love for COD, because it is truly awesome at its core.

cardriverx said:

kg363 - thats what makes it fun! It needs to be over the top and crazy. Thats what I am hoping for.

@ AnonymousSurfer

I don't know how you can say there's no hype. The preorders for Ops surpassed the preorders for MW2 about a month ago.

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

is just me, or do the graphics look 2007'ish?

grvalderrama said:

Freaking addictive game were MWs. Rush and adrenaline it's all I hope to get out of this game! Does anybody know if they used the same graphic engine as the last games? Whatever, I'm gonna turn my video card on fire with this game, i'm gonna play it and end it in a few days xD

And yes, I will check in-depth performance review... never got disappointed with those reviews! Thanks TS!

treeski treeski said:

I passed on previous CoD games, I'll pass on this one as well.

ruzveh said:

Somehow i dont like these action games. I want something unrealistic or something which doesnt resemble any real life incident like Jazz, Mario, Contra, NFS to some extent, Hocus Pocus, and many more. These are those games friends which will take u to another world we have never seen before. I dont know why games developers dont understand this because we spend time on games coz we are sick and tired of real life incidence and want some refreshment. It clearly speaks about the inability of the game developer to become creative, unique & innovative and then they expect us to draw hard cash for such serious gaming. Ufff

dustin_ds3000 dustin_ds3000, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I got Call of Duty: Black Ops on PC. If you want to add me on steam so we can play, http://steamcommunity.com/id/dustin_ds3000

---agissi--- ---agissi---, TechSpot Paladin, said:

red1776 said:

is just me, or do the graphics look 2007'ish?

Thats what I was thinking. The lighting has gotten better but I still have to say I thought the trailer was still pretty well done. +2

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Hmmmm....I'll wait for the reviews. In no rush to buy the 3,489th military FPS to come out in the last 15 years.

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

I thought it was well done as well, i was just surprised that it looked like the same un-updated DX9 engine.

Recipe7 Recipe7 said:

I don't know... I don't feel drawn into the game. Obviously, I will probably pick up a copy, but it isn't looking to be on the top of my list.

Serag said:

Would be interesting to see if it surpasses MW2 sales esp that its preorders are much higher than MW2's already.

lawfer, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I'll download the game. If its any good, I'll buy it. If it happens to be a MW2 with a costume, I'll just delete it.

nonreflexabilit said:

MW2 was just MW with a costume so I am doubtful about this game, especially so soon after MW2 was released. But since I skipped MW2 I might just get it. Anyone know if there are beta players floating around reviewing the game?

hassaan said:

I downloaded the video then tryed to edit and upload it with windows media player.. but it didn't work. I wanted to upload my awesome fan made trailer for black ops! But i can't upload it. Any answers to my problem.

PS. I'm so waiting for this game.

killamoves said:

Call of Duty died with the release of modern warfare 2. It really was that bad...

63Jax said:

can't wait for this, medal of honor is a big NO for me, this is the real shit

peterbezemer said:

I liked MW and MW2, so I guess this game will be quite awesome, and I think this game will be better than the recent MoH game.

arod916 said:

Cant wait, looks like another classic in the works. See you later real world lol!

Arris Arris said:

peterbezemer said:

and I think this game will be better than the recent MoH game.

Shouldn't take much to be perfectly honest.

sMILEY4ever said:

My guess is this game is going to be pretty cool, better than mw2.

ZipZpZowie said:

COD has been the best game franchise going. I've played battlefield and medal of homor and neither of them come close to COD. I can't wait to get black ops.

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I'm still shocked people get excited about these games!

Infinity Ward has died

And so will the game they created.

The Dev Team behind this one is not exactly known for beating Infinity Ward when it comes to game sales and quality.

Seriously, This is now just a Money sucker for all the suckers that still buy it because its "cool" and "wow look at those effects!". Basically people who simply have not experienced any other decent FPS in the last 3 years

(Crysis, Far Cry 2, L4D2, BF:BC2 and for console owners Halo: Reach all come to mind as better graphically and general game design is much better than any CoD game after the original MW)

As I orginally Stated: Infinity Ward are dead, this game will be as much of a let down as the recent Medal of Honor.

ryan29121 said:

Modern warfare is a good game, but i am not the biggest fan. I like running through single player once or twice, but multilayer is too chaotic. Grenades flying everywhere, no real spawn locations, too chaotic.

Se7enVII said:

I'll have to see some reviews but I hope I'll have some $ to buy this game!

Elitassj4 said:

The multiplayer mode on MW2 sucked, i hope they do a better job this time.Unfortunately i can't play this game wright now because i am all out of space, need to buy a new HDD, but i can't because "The Rent Is Too Damn High ".Hope i'll buy it soon.

Cryptopsy said:

I really prefer Infinity Ward as developer than Treyarch. All their games was not so good compared to what can release Infinity ward - in my opinion

Cryptopsy said:

fpsgamerJR62 said:

I bought Medal of Honor last month. It's an above average FPS but not an outstanding one. I've also pre-ordered Call of Duty : Black Ops. This will be my 6th Call of Duty PC title. I hope that Activision has not forgotten about what made the original Call of Duty such a great game and not merely rushed out a Call of Duty game in time for the holidays.

Neojt said:

This game can be lots of fun IF they bring back dedicated servers i really hate having to wait all the time for player to go into a game in MW2.

And im a still a bit mad at Activision for what the did to the creators of Call of duty being a computer game programmer i don't fell like encouraging a company that does that to its employees and partners. Would really hate if the happened to me

bioflex said:

the only reason i am excited about this game is because treyarch did a very good job with COD 5 .....i am hoping this would be better that MW2 and medal of honor which didnt impress me.

edison5do said:

nonreflexabilit said:

MW2 had better graphic than MW, son if you jump it dont talk about it like if you know about it... I really think this will be another MW2 with new equip and clothes in the jungle.

Storagebox said:

MW was very good, i tried MW2 and after like a month got bored, WaW was decent had some good time, but idk this one looks like too much of deja vu, ill wait a bit to see more of the game before getting it. so far im having fun with BFBC2

flocka said:

cant beleive what im reading from those who dont like the CoD series....I mean, which other military FPS do you prefer? also why are all the other FPS shooters coming always claiming they are the "next call of duty"

buttus said:

Wow. This looks serious phenominal and I for one can't wait for it's release. Way to go Treyarch on taking Call of Duty in a refreshing new area.

T3x said:

I will wait for battlefield 3 for the PC :P

Burty117 Burty117, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

flocka said:

Since when did Crysis ever advertise "Crysis - The Next Call of Duty" ??

Or "Battefield: Bad Company - The Next Call of Duty"

Hell "Halo Reach - The Next Call of Duty"??

As TomESA said, there has been loads of other Military FPS games! I listed but a few, seriously CoD is only liked by soo many because it spends way too much advertising itself as the best, I will admit that they do have there up moments, but the recent ones haven't really delivered what the trailers try to make you feel.

The last good CoD was CoD2. after then it hasn't really been very good, or at least a better game would have come out from a different dev team but got over shadowed by the hype of CoD.

I seriously recommend a play through Crysis, then a dip into Halo Reach then a romp through any Valve game (although L4D2 and HL2 plus episodes are the best) and I promise you'll put that MW or MW2 disc in, load it up ad realise its actually not that great, at all.

For those who said mw2 killed the game. Did you own a PC copy? Because I own a PS3 copy and the game still rock. At least no cheater that I know of and everyone on the same hardware which is good (No disadvantage, everyone on the same platform the only difference would be the latency but that usually is taking care of by the matching of groups to put everyone around the same pig in a game)

ingalonzo said:

I hope this game takes COD to the top again, since MW2 disappointed a lot of COD4 Gamers includin me :p

frodough said:

remote control toy car is a nice touch, i also like the crossbow w/ Semtex, makes me wonder if there will ever be a beartrap in the game, that would be epic!

co1rpal1 said:

Bring it on! I can't wait.

AbsolutGaloot said:

I'll pass on this, just like MW2. I tried out the multiplayer on the free steam weekend, and was severely disappointed. The COD franchise has run its course, the devs need to move on and do something new rather than trying to milk this same model.

RebelFlag said:

I am looking forward to this one. I have enjoyed all of the CoD titles. I just hope the single player is good. I am not much into the multi-player. Also should be interesting due to the time period played in. There haven't been any good vietnam era FPS games, at least that I am aware of, especially single player games.