- Swipe through panoramic blades to see all your recent activity, latest uploads from your contacts and all your newest uploads.
- Fully optimized for brilliant hi-resolution display. Tap on a photo to bring up a full-screen lightbox view and zoom in to enlarge and get close up on details in a photo. You'll be able to access your photos in their original resolution, right from your mobile device!
- On Windows 7 Slate devices, we're introducing "Context View," a whole new way to get the full story behind a photo and discover new and relevant content. Zoom out from a photo in lightbox view and get more information such as other photos in the set, group, from a contact or nearby on a map.
- Geo-location capabilities display your photos on an interactive, full-screen map. Also view nearby geo-tagged photos from the Flickr community on the map as well for a slightly different view of the world around you.
- Easily share photos to your friends from your mobile device directly to Flickr and also from Facebook, Twitter or email!
Flickr announced the app two months ago and posted a preview video. The company originally promised the app would be available on January 31, 2011 but clearly there were some delays.
The app leverages Microsoft's Azure cloud platform; it connects Flickr data with Windows Azure via an API. Using Windows Azure, Yahoo is able to optimize the images for Windows Phone 7 devices and Windows 7 environments. Azure computes the context for how the image should be viewed on the device. Flickr has also built syncing into the app, which lets users seamlessly move back and forth from their WP7 device and their Windows 7 tablet; the app remember which photos you were viewing. If you are interested here's the link to download the app.
Downloads and Drivers
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.