Blizzard talks Diablo III hotfixes, real-money auctions shelved indefinitely

By on May 24, 2012, 5:00 PM

Blizzard community manager “Nethaera” has published a post on the official Diablo III forums that outlines all of the hotfixes implemented thus far in the game. The messenger also delivers news regarding server instability and the fact that Blizzard has postponed the launch of the real-money auction house indefinitely.

The full list of hotfixes can be found via this Diablo III blog post but take notice: unless you’ve completed the game on Normal difficulty, some of the hotfixes described could contain spoilers. That said, GameSpy points out that the biggest character changes are to the Monk. A couple of this character’s active skills have been nerfed, rendering him “far less indestructible.”

Blizzard also talks about general service stability and occasional server maintenance. Unfortunately issues still persist as additional maintenance will be required. The team is planning to release a patch next week to address client issues and fix additional bugs.

As for the real-money auction house, it’s been postponed indefinitely. The feature was originally supposed to launch on May 22 but was then pushed back to May 29. In today’s update, Blizzard says that they want to provide everyone with the smoothest experience possible when the auction house launches and right now, they need more time to iron out the wrinkles to make that happen.

Blizzard again notes that the string of account thefts has nothing to do with a compromise in their system and in every case they have investigated, the thief had the user’s password. Gamers are encouraged to utilize safe computing practices and use a physical Battle.net Authenticator or the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator app.

davislane1 davislane1 said:

So, no more godly monks, huh? *removes all friends who play the monk* Any wizards or demon hunters here on Techspot?

Joking aside, I'm glad to see they're dialing back some of the power on these characters. The lack of balance with some of the abilities has been a fun killer for me in normal mode thus far playing as a wizard. Maybe this makes things more interesting?

game seems balanced for higher level play. Normal mode is more like Tutorial Mode. If you think challenge includes recovering from wipe 20+ times on a boss, prepare to be amused! And kiting whole screenfull of mobs, oh my.

jackal2687 said:

I dont see why they nerfed the Monk, I cant survive in Hell anyway. If anything I need more abilities. Or maybe I should find a ultra rare for the second time in 75 hours of gameplay!

I P2W with my ingame gold, watcha gonna do when I come pwn you?

Gotta love people who either scream for buffs or nerfs but aren't even in inferno. Barbs are trully &%£@ed -.-

psycros psycros said:

This is why beta testing for game balance is a laughable concept: you will never hear a tester ask for <b>their</b> favorite class to be nerfed. Bugs may get reported, but never an explois related to the testers favored character type. Little wonder companies are putting less emphasis on betas - its nothing but a bunch of punks whining about any semblance of a challenge.

RubinOnRye RubinOnRye said:

<p>More dps for us Witch Doctors please! The latter parts of Act 2 Hell are starting to become impossible lol.</p>

True dat

I think real-money auctions is stupid...well, thats my opnion....