Leaked next generation iPhone casing photos validate multiple rumors

By on May 29, 2012, 12:00 PM

Two publications have released photos of what their sources claim is the back casing for the next iPhone. If the photos prove to be legit, then so too would be the rumors of a larger handset, a retro aluminum design and a smaller dock connector.

9to5Mac has posted a photo of a black back casing that they obtained from iPhone repair shop iFixyouri. The image shows the rumored smaller dock connector at the bottom of the phone while the overall casing looks larger and thinner than the 4S. The larger speaker grills are said to accommodate higher quality speakers that will be louder and sound better. We can also see what appears to be a headphone jack at the bottom of the case rather than on top. The rear shell is a single piece that’s anchored by an aluminum alloy, although supposedly not the rumored liquidmetal substance.

iFixyouri also told the publication that there would be two additional colors available on top of the traditional black and white handsets. This bit seems a little far-fetched but with a new CEO in charge at Apple, anything is possible.

Engadget has supplied us with alternate photos of a white case from uBreakiFix that looks identical to its black counterpart. These photos are of better quality and at first glance seem to squash the notion that the back panel features a two-tone design. Upon closer inspection, however, it just looks like there's a protectice plastic covering over the entire part, something that isn’t obvious in the photos from 9to5Mac.

captainawesome captainawesome said:

I just still dont believe the smaller dock rumour even from this picture

psycros psycros said:

LOL@smaller connector. Get ready to replace your entire peripheral ecosystem, Apple-ites!

Yawn..... *crickets*

ikesmasher said:

it looks a little longer...Maybe its got a bigger screen.

or is it just me?

It's just you!

I'm sure it will have a bigger screen and look real nice. I'm also sure it will be under powered, locked down like a vault, and ***** proof.

Because there are more fat people than thin, more igonorant people than smart, more followers than leaders. I'm also sure that it will sell a bazillion units.

The iCry crowd (sexually frustrated young adults and teens in their parents house more then likely) has a much larger following. Personally, how many apple fans do you know?

I'd really like to know, do people who piss away $4-600.00 on there iToy actually use It to call and talk to someone(and not to just brag about there new toy)I mean really talk?

Or do they simple enjoy poking the pretty lights like a trained monkey waiting for It to give them food??

I hear the new iPhone charges the batery from the heat of your palm or an angry look from your girl friend. That contains the most energy!

captainawesome captainawesome said:

lotta iHate going on here!

Nefertiti said:

I REALLY hope they're going to have adapters for that new connector, because if I have to dump my great sound system just because of a freakin' plug I'll be pissed... and so will millions of others.

I hope that whatever connector gets implemented will at least be some sort of new universal plug other companies have agreed upon as well. But it's Apple we're talking about, so I'm not holding me breath.