Valve's Steam summer sales plan leaked

By on July 9, 2012, 11:00 AM

Valve’s annual Steam Summer Sale may be a bit behind schedule this year, but fear not as a Reddit member has revealed what is being billed as the complete sale list for summer 2012. The unconfirmed list features 55 games that will be up for grabs over the course of 11 days, although we still don’t know when Valve will open the flood gates nor do we have any pricing information.

The data reportedly comes from the team behind the Open Steamworks Database, a site that provides a content description record database for every Steam game and subscription offered by Valve.

Below is the complete list of games as featured on Reddit. As with any rumor or leak, remember to take this with a grain of salt.

Indie Bundle:

• Day 1: Anomaly Warzone Earth, The Baconing, Cave Story+, EDGE, Lone Survivor
  • Day 2: Botanicula, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Splice, Universe Sandbox
  • Day 3: Bit Trip Beat, Braid, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Runespell Overture
  • Day 4: A Valley Without Wind, Atom Zombie Smasher, Blocks that Matter, Sanctum, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
  • Day 5: Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
  • Day 6: Awesome, Defcon, Space Chem, Ticket to Ride, Trauma
  • Day 7: Avadon, Dungeons of Dredmor, Qube, Vessel, Zombie Driver
  • Day 8: Demolition Inc, Hoard, Sol Exodus, Swords and Soldiers HD, Wings of Prey
  • Day 9: Capsized, Jamestown, Revenge of the Titans, VVVVVV, Zeno Clash
  • Day 10: All Zombies Must Die, Beat Hazard, Bit trip Runner, Eufloria, Machinarium
  • Day 11: Hydrophobia, Orion: Dino Beatdown, Star Ruler, Waveform, World of Goo

Other Bundles:

• 1C Collection Pack
  • Adam's Venture Complete Bundle Retail
  • Anno 2070 Pack
  • Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City and Batman Gotham City Imposters Bundle
  • Bethesda Collection (BRINK, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Hunted)
  • Bioshock Franchise Pack
  • BIT.TRIP.BEAT Bundle
  • BIT.TRIP.RUNNER Bundle
  • Carpe Fulger Bundle (Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Chantelise, Fortune Summoners)
  • Civilization Collection
  • Command and Conquer Franchise
  • Dawn of War Franchise Pack
  • Dead Island Complete
  • Duke Nukem Bundle
  • Foreign Legion Bundle
  • Kalypso Collection (Tropico, Jagged Alliance, Airline Tycoon, etc)
  • Majesty Franchise
  • Paradox Collection (Magicka + dlcs, Mount and Blade, etc)
  • Pendulo Adventure Pack
  • Railworks 3 - Summer Sale Collection
  • Red Orchestra Franchise Pack (ROW)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bundle
  • Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
  • Sniper Elite Franchise Pack
  • Square Hit Collection (Hitman, Tomb Raider, Just Cause 2, Deus Ex, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Quantum Conundrum, Thief)
  • Stardock Collection Pack
  • Strategy First Complete Pack
  • Sword of the Stars Franchise
  • THQ Collection (Dawn of War, Warhammer, Stalker, Nexuiz, Darksiders, Metro 2033, etc)
  • Total War: Shogun 2 Pack
  • Victoria Franchise
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Pack
  • Wings of Prey

treeski treeski said:

Looks pretty boring to me, to be honest. I hope there will be a number of individual games on sale, too.

Puiu Puiu said:

I missed buying Mass Effect 2 when it was on sale so I'm hoping that I'll be able to buying from Steam this summer.

Three cheers for sub 5$ A, AA and AAA games!

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Be curious to see how much that Bethesda pack goes for - those are some very highly rated and popular games in that group.

ramonsterns said:

Been waiting for a sale to buy Skyrim myself. Metric ton of mods and fixes since release.

Kibaruk Kibaruk, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Quick tip here, become a steam trader you will get the best bang for your buck, trust me

Ranger12 Ranger12 said:

Exactly my thought. The Bethesda pack does look like the only interesting thing. Hope they have it for cheap!

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I'm def going to get the Bethesda pack as I want to play New Vegas and Skyrim. Total War Shogun, and that's probably it. I hope hope hope it comes out before I have to go back to Europe. Otherwise I have to trust someone to order that stuff for me. =/

jeffz6 said:

Looks the same as the last sale? Hope this is wrong

ikesmasher said:

what would be a wild guess you guys would have for the bethesda pack price?

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

what would be a wild guess you guys would have for the bethesda pack price?

Currently all of them retail for $145. I would expect it to go for maybe $50-70. I'm guessing probably at $60. More than that though I'd be on the fence.

LNCPapa LNCPapa said:

Tell you what though - Skyrim has been worth the $40 I paid for it when it had its first sale.

ramonsterns said:

New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda.

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda.

Bethesda Collection (BRINK, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Hunted)

I checked Steam, it was published by Bethesda. And they do own the IP if I'm not mistaken.

ramonsterns said:

New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda.

Bethesda Collection (BRINK, Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, Hunted)

I see, Bethesda the publisher, not the developer.

Jawshh Jawshh said:

New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda.

Yea it's some BS Obsidian game. Obsidian is like the weed of the RPG universe. You'll have much more fun with Fallout 3 Goty.

ramonsterns said:

Oh, please.

Jawshh Jawshh said:

Oh, please.

Well I'm glad there's people that don't care about the story in an RPG.

Skyrim for me too ... and some of those other games look good .. prevents me from PIRATING said games and maybe getting a virii.

gwailo247, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Well, $50...not bad deal for Skyrim and all of Fallout NV. Even if they sell both franchises later at 50%, you still come out ahead. I'm probably going to buy this.