Nokia Lumia 820 and 920 photos leaked via Twitter

By on August 31, 2012, 5:30 PM

Nokia’s line of Windows 8 phones will be introduced at a media event scheduled for next week but we’ve already got our first look at what the phones will look like thanks to some early leaks. Twitter user @evleaks recently posted images of what he / she claims is the mid-range Nokia Lumia 820 and the higher-end Lumia 920 with PureView.

The Lumia 820 (pictured above) will reportedly ship with a 4.3-inch display and be available on AT&T and T-Mobile networks while the larger 4.5-inch 920 will likely have a resolution of 1,280 x 768 (or comparable) and is said to be an AT&T exclusive. The handsets are probably the Arrow and the Phi (respectively) that have been the topic of recent rumors but we won’t know for sure until next week.

The higher-end model will likely ship with PureView, a camera technology boasting up to 41-megapixels that we first saw on the 808 PureView smartphone at Mobile World Congress earlier this year. This technology has been in the works for more than five years and could give Nokia’s new flagship handset a significant advantage over other phones on the market.

Gotta Be Mobile notes, however, that the camera doesn’t look nearly as large as the one on the 808. With that said, the 920 might technically still use the same PureView oversampling technology but with fewer megapixels in play.

Both smartphones are expected to ship in a multitude of colors as shown in the leaked photos. Everything else, including pricing, remains a mystery at this hour.

Onassis254 Onassis254 said:

Nice! This is exciting stuff folks! Refining the 900, we may have a hit on the market soon upon us.

1 person liked this | lawfer, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Phi is the 21st letter of the Greek alphabet, likely suggesting the Nokia Phi will carry a 21 MP camera with PureView technology.

You can quote me on it.

4.3" and 4.5"? That's something I'm quite disappointed with. Now, I have nothing against screen sizes larger than 4 inches, but the problem lies with the difference in size between the 2 rumoured phone. 0.2" is too small of a difference to release 2 separate phones.

It's like writing an essay with two different font sizes: 11 and 12.

The previous lineup was ideal. 3.7" and 4.3". It makes their portfolio a neat one, and it gives the consumers an option to go with a screen size below 4 inches, or above 4 inches.

Now that's an essay with font size 16 as a header, and size 12 as content.

I was excited when I saw the headline for this article. Lumia 820 and Lumia 920. Seems viable, and looks like the successors for the 3.7" Lumia 800 and the 4.3" Lumia 900. Disappointed that they ruined the screen sizes.

I believe nokia lumia would be more profitable with android.

lawfer, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I believe nokia lumia would be more profitable with android.

Don't you know the only profitable OEM is Samsung, one that's being hit with 1+ billion dollar lawsuit for copying the designs that made them successful in the first place? Only Google truly benefits from Android.

Can't say WP will make Nokia succeed, only time will tell. But Android would have been a bad idea.

That and, of course, Nokia doesn't like Android.

mahafuz mahafuz said:

This is a very good

Zoltan Head said:

I wonder if you can use them as USB storage? That would be one up on Window Phone 7!

darkzelda said:

If I can use USB storage on the Lumia 820 this will be surely my next phone!

I liked your "essay" comparison. :D