Has the thought of collaborating on TechSpot ever crossed your mind? If so, here's an opportunity to join our editorial team. If you have a passion for technology and the necessary writing skills, give us a shout. We are looking for at least two editors to work on news coverage and feature articles. These are paid positions.
Don't worry, you'll be happier than this guy (for the most part).
Check below for a more detailed description of what we’re looking for. Even if the job is not up your alley you can still help us by sharing this on social networks or directly with any friends and colleagues that may be a good fit.
- We want someone that’s driven and self-motivated when it comes to the Internet, computers and technology in general. Being a regular reader of TechSpot is not a requirement but certainly a plus.
- We need you to be active, posting at least 2 stories per day. Payments are made per post and extra incentives will be given based on metrics like traffic and community engagement.
- You must be proficient in English and grammar. An approval process will be enforced until you are settled in and get a better grasp of the quality that’s required and the topics to be covered.
- Geographic location is not a constraint since most of the time you’ll be working from home (or the office when the boss is not looking). That said, we might favor qualified writers based in Europe so we can do a better job covering different time zones, and those living in or near San Francisco and New York.
- Topics we usually cover on TechSpot include: computer hardware and software, Internet applications and services, IT industry in general, mobile devices, and PC and console gaming. You need to be able to learn the background of a story, thrive on the details, and offer fresh insights.
- All of the above applies with the exception that you’ll be working on original content such as reviews, how to guides, buying guides and other feature articles.
- Creativity and a knack for picking timely and interesting topics is very important.
- Ideally we’d like one article per week but we can do one every other week if a topic requires more work.
- Compensation will be commensurate with article length, quality and experience.
- This position requires previous experience.
What should you do?
If you are interested and would like to learn more please email us. Tell us the position you are applying for and whatever you think we need to know about you. We’ll follow up with the candidates best fit for the job. Thank you!
Pic via Shutterstock