We're hiring! News writers and features editor wanted

Jos

Has the thought of collaborating on TechSpot ever crossed your mind? If so, here's an opportunity to join our editorial team. If you have a passion for technology and the necessary writing skills, give us a shout. We are looking...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/52096-were-hiring-news-writers-and-features-editor-wanted.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

ikesmasher

Somewhat relevant question, do article writers get their prompts from stories that they found in the internet that someone else had just published, or is there some national/international pool of THIS JUST IN.

TomSEA

I'd volunteer to be your "no pirating" columnist, but I don't want to be hunted down at night. ;)

Good luck in your search! You guys have done a great job evolving TechSpot into one of the premier tech sites.

treetops

Sounds like a dream job. Too bad my technical know how is not up to par. I vote for captain crunch, I mean cranky :). I could do game reviews but I probably dump on 90% of them. Pirate philosophy? Politics, yes, current events yes. A good asteroid article would go with current events. What technology we have to reroute one etc. To bad I'm lacking in pure IT skills, maybe after I get my bachelors.

Good luck to all candidates!

Reactions: Jad Chaar

Julio Franco

Staff member
ikesmasher, not sure I understand your question. You mean, how do we come up with topics for updating the frontpage news? If so, we have our ways :)

Arris

Press releases from companies, twitter feeds of key personnel within said companies, other news sites. There are many, many sources of news and not just re-posting.

G

"This position requires previous experience."

Imagine every company having such a stinky attitude....

G

I'd volunteer to be your "no pirating" columnist
Oh my Lord, that is so funny there isn't an acronym to cover it.

Your articles would be hilariously bad: Thief! Thief! Stealing! Stealing! Thief! Thief! Stealing! Stealing! Omg stealing!

Then when someone refutes your single point on piracy you could reply with your favourite rebuttal: Thief! Thief! Stealing! Stealing! Thief! Thief! Stealing! Stealing! Omg stealing!

Ad infinitum.

Reactions: Darkshadoe

cmbjive

Wow. I'd like to do this gig. My question is can you just specialize in one area, I.e., console gaming?

Zeromus

Hm did I post here and get my comment deleted or did I write something and decided at the last minute that I didn't want to post? Either way, what qualities are you guys looking for?