AMD's Never Settle Forever plan lets GPU buyers select free games

By on August 15, 2013, 8:15 AM

AMD has taken the wraps off a new Never Settle 'Forever' rewards program, giving customers a choice of what free games they want with their graphics card purchase. The new system allows considerably more freedom than AMD's previous plan, Never Settle Reloaded, which included a fixed selection of games with each GPU sold.

New to Never Settle Forever is a tiered system that gifts GPU buyers up to three games, depending on the rewards level their GPU purchase falls under. The Gold reward tier allows you to choose three free games from a selection of ten; Silver gives you two games out of nine; and Bronze gifts you one game from seven.

The Radeon Rewards tiers are essentially split by graphics card series: Gold for HD 7900 cards, Silver for HD 7800 cards, and Bronze for HD 7700 cards (excluding the 7730 and 7750). One notable exclusion from the rewards system is AMD's dual-GPU HD 7990, but don't worry too much, as the $700 card still comes with a voucher to redeem eight free games.

Coupons for the Never Settle Forever program will be included either digitally or in the box with eligible graphics cards. Customers have until December 31, 2013 to redeem their free games, and the coupons don't need to be redeemed immediately. This means that if the current selection doesn't appeal to their interests, gamers can hold on to their coupons until more desirable titles are added.

Unfortunately, this new program sees two major titles from 2013 - BioShock: Infinite and Crysis 3 - removed from the selection of games offered. Only two titles from the new selection have been released this year, Tomb Raider and DmC, making the bundles slightly less valuable. That said, AMD has announced that Battlefield 4 will eventually be included in the promotion, so it might be worth holding on to reward coupons until later in the year.

1 person liked this | JC713 JC713 said:

Is it just me or is this bundle less value than the older one? The ability to chose games you want is cool, but if they gave me 7 or so games, I would play each one to see if I like any new games that I never played before.

howzz1854 said:

Does the program cater to people who already bought the card? I bought my HD7950 last year. where's my coupon voucher.

Puiu Puiu said:

a bit less value, but I'm pretty sure it's because of BF4 which many will want when it launches.

amstech amstech, TechSpot Enthusiast, said:

90% of those games I got on Steam for $5 - $10, just picked up Dishonered on Steam for $9; but it is a nice gesture from AMD.

JC713 JC713 said:

I have feeling that with the 9000 series, AMD will increase the amount of games you get.

1 person liked this | JC713 JC713 said:

During sales, yes.

St1ckM4n St1ckM4n said:

The previous offer (Never Settle Level Up, which added Tomb Raider to the top tiers) was not compatible with your existing coupons. You needed to purchase after May. I missed out too.

But, we did get Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon for free, as an extra.

misor misor said:

this article is interesting...it 'partially and officially' answers my query on this amd game bundle on another thread.

the unanswered part (officially): if the amd game bundle is bought in the u.s., can the games be redeemed somewhere else (like the Philippines) ?.

1 person liked this | St1ckM4n St1ckM4n said:

I don't believe there's any geo-blocking with this offer.