Update your GPU drivers with Nvidia 331.65 WHQL and AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta7

By on October 28, 2013, 7:00 PM
amd, catalyst, nvidia, gpu, beta, drivers, graphics card, whql, amd catalyst

It's once again time to update your graphics card drivers, with both Nvidia and AMD releasing new ones this week. On the Nvidia front, the company has released the 331.65 WHQL driver set, a minor upgrade to last week's 331.58 WHQL drivers, while AMD has released Catalyst 13.11 Beta7 drivers.

Nvidia GeForce 331.65 WHQL drivers update GeForce Experience to version 1.7.0, which adds the recently released ShadowPlay technology, as well as GameStream for Shield users. The new drivers are "game ready" for Battlefield 4 and Batman: Arkham Origins, and allow the "best possible experience" in Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Performance improvements include increases of up to 19% for GeForce 400 series cards and above (versus the 327.23 drivers), and as usual there are a range of new SLI and Surround profiles.

AMD's Catalyst 13.11 Beta7 drivers are essentially the same as the previous Beta6 drivers, with one addition that improves CrossFire scaling by an additional 20% in Battlefield 4. For those of you who are on a driver version earlier than 13.11 Beta6, the latest beta drivers add support for the Radeon R9 290X and 290, and improve performance across a range of games by up to 35%.

As always, you can head to our driver download section to grab the latest drivers right now, or let your driver software do it all for you through an automatic update.




User Comments: 9

Got something to say? Post a comment
cliffordcooley cliffordcooley, TechSpot Paladin, said:

On the Nvidia front, the company has released the 331.65 WHQL driver set, a minor upgrade to last week's 331.58...
Damn that was soon for WHQL release. I wasn't expecting another WHQL release for another month.

Edit: Letting nVidia GeForce Experience download now.

Polaco Polaco said:

Sorry "the latest beta drivers add support for the Radeon R9 290X and 290, and improve performance by up to 35% across a range of games." you mean 35% in crossfire or what? if it is in single card mode then it would dust 780gtx and Titan by so large margin that would require a new review and NVidia to slash prices again...

Staff
Scorpus Scorpus said:

Sorry "the latest beta drivers add support for the Radeon R9 290X and 290, and improve performance by up to 35% across a range of games." you mean 35% in crossfire or what? if it is in single card mode then it would dust 780gtx and Titan by so large margin that would require a new review and NVidia to slash prices again...

You can get "up to" a 35% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Origins if you're running it at 8xMSAA, but other performance gains are lower

Polaco Polaco said:

Yep, sorry I went to look for the release notes after posting my comment. I have seen you used AMD Catalyst 13.11 (Beta 5) in the 290X benchamrks. Maybe would be nice if you can post some with the updated revision. Thanks you.

1 person liked this |
Staff
Scorpus Scorpus said:

Maybe would be nice if you can post some with the updated revision. Thanks you.

You'll have to ask Steve, he's the one with all the GPUs at hand

Guest said:

Updates automatically, but good news either way. :)

Polaco Polaco said:

Updates automatically, but good news either way.

betas also update automatically? haven't seen so...

Guest said:

Sense I downloaded the new drivers today it wont detect my tv I've had to rollback my driver to 331.58. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there any settings I should change to make my graphics card work better with my 55inch Samsung tv?

Load all comments...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.