Benchmarks: 3Dmark2006, X3: Reunion
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66GHz) LGA775
- HIS Radeon X1900XT (512MB)
- Gigabyte GeForce 7900GS (256MB)
- Gigabyte GeForce 7600GT (256MB)
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro (SP2)
- Nvidia Forceware 91.47
- ATI Catalyst 6.10
- Intel System Drivers 7.2.2
The Radeon X1950 Pro has a fair bit over the GeForce 7900GS, as it powers ahead in 3Dmark2006. At the highest tested resolution (1600x1200) the X1950 Pro is 21% faster than the 7900GS. Considering the fact that the X1950 Pro is only 5% slower than the X1900XT at this resolution, it really is a screaming fast product for $200.
The 5% performance difference which favored the Radeon X1900XT in 3Dmark2006 is not evident in X3: Reunion. While the X1900XT was faster at 1024x768 and 1280x1024, it was the X1950 Pro that took out the maximum resolution test, defeating the X1900XT by just 2fps. Perhaps more impressive was the 40% lead the X1950 Pro had over the 7900GS at 1600x1200.